Thread: Coleman Scott: Team USA's best shot at 60kg

Default Coleman Scott: Team USA's best shot at 60kg

After watching OTTs and his world cup performance I truly hope he wins this wrestle off and takes the spot. I just think he's better suited for a tournament run than Hump and especially Bunch.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Default Re: Coleman Scott: Team USA's best shot at 60kg

I agree he looked really good, humprey has looked poor internationally, and bunch is too inconsistent, scott has got a good chance of upsets at the olympics, he had a lot of variety in his takedowns which will make him a difficult opponent.

The wrestle off does not seem fair to me to give that much advantage to Bunch.
    I forget the wrestle-off scheme, but I know if greatly favors Bunch because he qualified the weight.

What a stupid selection policy. If I was the coach I would always pick the guy who has the most international sucess.

I tink i'd send my top three to different int'l wrestling comps and the one who performed the best I'd send onto world champs.
    Last edited by JudoWrestler; 05-16-2012 at 05:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    The wrestle off does not seem fair to me to give that much advantage to Bunch.
    I forget the wrestle-off scheme, but I know if greatly favors Bunch because he qualified the weight.
    I agree, but everyone had their chances to qualify and they failed to do so. If Coleman is world class, he will be able to beat Hump and Bunch. If he doesnt, then we clearly are just without an elite option at 60.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.