Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Freestyle World Cup 2012

Default Re: Freestyle World Cup 2012

Quote Originally Posted by JudoWrestler View Post
    Goudarzi looked like the better wrestler... he was in on him twice.... just got out powered by a much larger Burroughs. Burroughs scored two lucky pushouts and a clinch.
    Didnt see the match, but it sounded like Goudarzi really tried!

Now we have to read all this substantiated hype about Burroughs!

He might get a period one of these days.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by JudoWrestler View Post
    I don't think you watched the match. This was a much better but much smaller wrestler putting on a good effort but being unlucky. The size difference was very noticeable, they looked like different weight classes.
    So hes bigger? Goudarzi should get bigger or adapt. Not Burroughs problem he has a weight room. Who makes those kind of excuses?

Quote Originally Posted by Snackem View Post
    So then you could say: Despite Goudarzi's best attempts Burroughs' counter offense was just too good and Burroughs was able to score pushouts off of Goudarzi's attacks.
    I can only assume Luck loosely translates in Iranian as being vastly superior in nearly every aspect.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I removed the recent posts.
    JW, you better talk on Iran's impressive victory over Aze in the finals.

I liked 96 Yazdani beating Gazyumov. The match was several times going to turn into a fight.

action
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	96a.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	163.6 KB 
ID:	3049   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	96.jpg 
Views:	723 
Size:	130.2 KB 
ID:	3050  

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbard View Post

Goudarzi is the better wrestler though. Even if Burroughs beats him 25 times in a row.
    Makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Now we have to read all this substantiated hype about Burroughs!
    Made me laugh...
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Wow, Impressive performance by Scott, but disappointing performance for Varner. Was Jake just off this weekend, or was it a bunch of better wrestlers? Can he turn it around in London?

Quote Originally Posted by amlan74 View Post
    Wow, Impressive performance by Scott, but disappointing performance for Varner. Was Jake just off this weekend, or was it a bunch of better wrestlers? Can he turn it around in London?
    Varner just got outwrestled Yazdani really put a crushing on him, Reza Yazdani (Iran) vs Jake Varner (USA) 96kg 2012 Freestyle World Cup - YouTube
    Dlagnev wrestled well for the US, scott benefitted from wrestling guys that weren't top wrestlers, the iranian he wrestled isn't the number 1. I haven't seen burroughs vs goudarzi but apparently goudarzi was 1 down in the second and really started working burroughs got in on the leg and pushed himself out trying to finish, but as i said i haven't seen it so i can't comment.
    Amini seemed to make ten times harder work for himself against gavin.