Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Freestyle World Cup 2012

Default Re: Freestyle World Cup 2012

Quote Originally Posted by gbdaz View Post
    I don't mind the trash talk, judo is an iranian wrestling fan who doesn't like the american style, burroughs isn't on a hype train we all know that, he's on a winning train, and until it gets derailed or stopped, any hype is more than justified with medals. But Vais' way of describing the match was poor form, but when an iranian fan goes against the US style they get abuse, i say let them trash talk, makes the olympics more entertaining.
    Back to the original thread, they give winners in weights,
    55-Can't remeber
    60-scott
    66-taghavi
    74-burroughs
    84-sharipov
    96-yazdani
    120-dlagnev
    I'm pretty sure thats what i've heard.
    My description of the match was poor form? Elaborate as to where i was not accurate.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I love that Judos Anti American comments were allowed to remain, yet mine werent. This is a site run by Americans last I checked.

Dartfish.tv - Channel FILA Wrestling videos

Burroughs in a wild, surprisingly close match vs Japan. He looked frustrated throughout and called that wierd time-out at the cost of a point in the 3rd. Once again though comes through when it counts.

Lashgari vs Dato. Great match.

Scott vs Yumoto. Very impressive.
    Last edited by arm-spin; 05-14-2012 at 09:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    I love that Judos Anti American comments were allowed to remain, yet mine werent. This is a site run by Americans last I checked.
    Your getting too emotional about this whole thing and the thread will end up closed, what he's biased towards iran, whats wrong with that, thats who he supports, you can be biased to america no-one cares, its entertaining when there are other viewpoints.
    You said goudarzi was all defense when burroughs only points were from counters to goudarzi attacks, goudarzi was in the centre of the mat throughout, in the 1st period burroughs wasn't trying like a mad man, then saying he was helpless in the clinch, it's a clinch, what are you expecting?
    "Ghoudarzi works up the courage to shoot", at least someone did. "Looks like ghoudarzi was hit by a sniper he fell so fast under jb's hips" its counter wrestling calm down its not something new its not a huge throw or pin, its a point push out. Critising him for not moving on the outside and wrestling burroughs way of fake shots, would be as pointless as me saying "when burroughs gets taken down why does he run for the edge, like par terre is sinking sand?", because its strategy. Goudarzi moves forward, snaps pushes pulls and shoots to the legs, he's one of the most exciting wrestlers in the weight.
    Last edited by gbdaz; 05-14-2012 at 09:24 PM.

Chill out dude. I deleted some posts from both of you. Discussion about a match is fine, name calling and political stuff in a wrestling thread is unnecessary. If you think I made an error in my moderating, feel free to let JensenS know and I will defer to his judgement. Until that time, please focus on wrestling.

PS I am not American.

Dry your eyes champ. I never knew how sensitive American men are, needless to say you give me a good laugh ha.

Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post

Varner is clearly not as good as Yazdani
    Clearly this is the case right now, as it is also with Goudarzi clearly not being as good as Burroughs.

Its nothing to really be ashamed of in my mind given that both of those guys are World Champions.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Quote Originally Posted by gbdaz View Post
    You said goudarzi was all defense when burroughs only points were from counters to goudarzi attacks, goudarzi was in the centre of the mat throughout, in the 1st period burroughs wasn't trying like a mad man, then saying he was helpless in the clinch, it's a clinch, what are you expecting?
    "Ghoudarzi works up the courage to shoot", at least someone did. "Looks like ghoudarzi was hit by a sniper he fell so fast under jb's hips" its counter wrestling calm down its not something new its not a huge throw or pin, its a point push out. Critising him for not moving on the outside and wrestling burroughs way of fake shots, would be as pointless as me saying "when burroughs gets taken down why does he run for the edge, like par terre is sinking sand?", because its strategy. Goudarzi moves forward, snaps pushes pulls and shoots to the legs, he's one of the most exciting wrestlers in the weight.
    In the first period(when i said he was defensive) that was the case. Didnt claim he was all defense after that.
    You tell me to calm down about JBs sprawl, but you tell me how many times in his career Ghoudarzi has gotten in that deep and just bounced off? Id say not often considering he is world class. So yes, I thought it was a big point and a big deal.