Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: US OTT discussion and results Free 55, 66, 84, & 120. Women's 48 & 63. Greco 60, 74, & 96.

Default Re: US OTT discussion and results Free 55, 66, 84, & 120. Women's 48 & 63. Greco 60, 74, & 96.

Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    Not questioning that Frayer will have his work cut out for him. I guess I'm just not that impressed with Metcalf. Not like we're talking about Burroughs or Varner being upset here.

Frayer beat world 5th place finisher Haislan Garcia, whom Metcalf is 1-2 against. Metcalf had that one great tournament where he knocked of Hasaynov, and I thought he'd made a step up, but results afterwards (1-1 at the Yarygin, loss in qualifier finals, close win against a 60 kg wrestler here and losses to Frayer) don't cement him as a medal favorite. Sure, there's a style matchup here. Metcalf takes a lot of bad shots, Frayer is great at countering shots. Still, the world's top freestylers are going to be just as effective at countering.

2012 Pan Am: 66 KG FS Gold: Brent Metcalf (USA) vs. Haslan Garcia (CAN) - YouTube Metcalf/Garcia. Note the high-crotch counter, I haven't seen the Frayer matches but I imagine this situation happened a lot.
    Olympic Trials Runner-up Brent Metcalf - YouTube Metcalf talking about his finals matches.
    At the test event he was finishing from that position which is why he was dominating there. From a non american view point i could see metcalf getting a medal, i can't see the same for frayer, my money would be on him losing early, no offense thats just how i see it going.

Default Re: US OTT discussion and results Free 55, 66, 84, & 120. Women's 48 & 63. Greco 60, 74, & 96.

Idiot announcers?

Thanks dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Dart Shark View Post
    Idiot announcers?

Thanks dude.
    Except for mat 3 obviously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dart Shark View Post
    Idiot announcers?

Thanks dude.
    JB who called you "idiot announcer"? I thought you did a very good job. Shane however seemed to give incorrect data on some wrestlers a few times but nothing that would make me call him an itty-yot.