Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cael has let us all down

Default Re: Cael has let us all down

Well said Snackem.

As a fan it's alsways tough to see unfulfilled potential. I was just as disappointed when Mavlet Batirov and Muradov took some time off after winning the Olympics. Just like it's frustating on a local level when guys tear it up at the high school/junior level and then hang it up. Wresting is a tough sport though, it takes over your life and takes a toll on your body. Great wrestlers have just as much right as average ones to move on, even if it's tough for us fans to see.

On a side note, the US finally has some of its brighest stars actually sticking with freestyle . It is vital that this continues of the US wants to have international sucess.

I, too, am very surprised Cael didnt stick around for that $7,500 a year salary to sustain his wife and kids. Who does he think he is?

I don't post here a lot, but I will weigh in here a bit. As a fan of US wrestling I would like to see our best team out there and I think Cael is our best man at his weight. But from Cael's viewpoint he has multiple priorities. He's competitive and I know he thrilled at the competition last year. At the same time, with his other commitments he couldn't give it 100%. Less than 100% he couldn't be at top world class level. So, he would have to sacrifice a lot (family/team) and still not be where he feels he needs to be. As a fan I'm disappointed. As a human being it's hard to question his priorities.

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Given your history of outlandish threads/posts related to Sanderson, animosity is what it sure seems like.
    Ha you are just saying what all of us were all thinking...

I have a tendency to do that.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

I dont' see why anyone should be disappointed in Cael or Henry or any other wrestler for that matter. They came; they saw; they conquered, and then they move on with their lives. Personally, I think that's what we are supposed to do in our limited time on earth: do your best and then go looking for another adventure someplace else. JMO
    The Art of living is more like wrestling than dancing.

Someone with the talent to come close to what John Smith did and quitting is a disappointment.
    Doing a comeback and showing he is head and shoulders better than anyone we have at his weight in the US and then not wrestling is a disappontment.
    He made his choice but it was the wrong one for US Wrestling even if the believes it was the right one for him.
    Most of us will never have the talent Cael has and to see it wasted like this is sad.
    A good one time International Champ who actually wrestled folkstyle in winning. What could have been if he had kept at it? He quit so we will never know.

Quote Originally Posted by zzyzx View Post
    Someone with the talent to come close to what John Smith did and quitting is a disappointment.
    Doing a comeback and showing he is head and shoulders better than anyone we have at his weight in the US and then not wrestling is a disappointment.
    He made his choice but it was the wrong one for US Wrestling even if the believes it was the right one for him.
    Most of us will never have the talent Cael has and to see it wasted like this is sad.
    A good one time International Champ who actually wrestled folkstyle in winning. What could have been if he had kept at it? He quit so we will never know.
    Let's lay out your life & see if it can hold up to the same standard & scrutiny. Surely no one has EVER been disappointed in you.

Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    Let's lay out your life & see if it can hold up to the same standard & scrutiny. Surely no one has EVER been disappointed in you.
    It's even more basic than that, kr. This troll thinks that he ought to be able to decide what kind of life decisions a mature adult that he doesn't know, should be making. No one with any self confidence allows someone else to substitute their judgement for his on the important decisions of life. Pathetic, really pathetic Troll.
    The Art of living is more like wrestling than dancing.