Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Post your Olympic Team

Default Re: Post your Olympic Team

Cejudo, Oliver, Kolat, Taylor, Ruth, Varner, Dlagnev

Badcat,
    What is it about Taylor's freestyle ability/experience that makes you think he'll beat the field (would not surprise me much if any) and a fresh Burroughs 2 out of 3 (that would surprise me)?

I'd ask the same question about Ruth (though he may have a more "open" weight class).
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

You're all wrong.

Here's the answers: Hazewinkel, Stieber, Metcalf, Burroughs, Herbert, Varner, Dlagnev
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

55. Cejudo, 60. Bunch, 66. Metcalf, 74. Burroughs, 84. Herbert (Sanderson what a pity...), 96. Varner, 120. Dlagnev

I actually would bet 100 bucks nobody here can guess all 7. So many in the mix!
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

anyone give schattler a chance at beating metcalf or ware? i think he beat ware not too long ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Snackem View Post
    Badcat,
    What is it about Taylor's freestyle ability/experience that makes you think he'll beat the field (would not surprise me much if any) and a fresh Burroughs 2 out of 3 (that would surprise me)?

I'd ask the same question about Ruth (though he may have a more "open" weight class).
    Taylor's ability to take down an opponent is almost as impressive as his ability to set up a tilt and roll them. His whole style revolves around scoring point after point. Ruth is a different animal altogether. Ruth is a pinner and I'm not sure how his style is going fare in FS, but his freakish arm length and his ability to escape sure takedowns are going to problematic for his opponents.

It's going to be a blast to watch. I'm really rooting for Kolat...he's my age and I'm reliving my glory days through him. hahahaha

Not sure when brackets come out, but here are the odds.

Vegas Odds for 2012 Olympic Trials SET! | News | Flowrestling | Flowrestling

Quote Originally Posted by joony View Post
    anyone give schattler a chance at beating metcalf or ware? i think he beat ware not too long ago.
    Absolutely. If forced to bet I'd pick Metcalf but I think Schlatter, Ware, Kolat and Churella all have a legitimate chance to win.

I guess I'll post my team:
    Simmons, Scott (for now), Metcalf, Burroughs, Jordan (just to be different) Varner, Dlagnev.
    Last edited by arm-spin; 04-19-2012 at 11:50 AM.