Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FILA Juniors Discussion

Default Re: FILA Juniors Discussion

Grey looked good wrestling up at 60.
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    McCauley with the fall over Stieber. Not sure I agree with the call at all because Stieber initiated the roll and actually rolled through. I don't completely understand all of FS rules and I'm not sure Hunter does either or he certainly wouldn't have done that. He was already losing the period by what I thought was 6-0. A clear case of inexperience in the discipline. I would have loved to see more wrestling though because of the way McCauley gassed in his previous match.

Goo call IMO. I'm not sure what the rule book says exactly, but generally if you put yourself on your own back but maintain total control your opponent gets two points (like rolling onto your shoulers on a gutwrench). In any kind of scramble situation, the shoulders touch and the fall is called. Stieber was probably pinned on that earlier slam as well.

Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    Stieber was probably pinned on that earlier slam as well.
    THANK YOU! That's where I got confused. He looked like he was laying on his back right near the out-of-bounds line but it wasn't scored a pin. Then they call the pin on the roll through. It didn't make sense to me. Like you said, he was pinned earlier than what they called.

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    I didn't get to see any of Phillips' matches but the results were disappointing. And that Tshirt vs McCauley match would have turned out differently if they went to a third. McCauley was so gassed that was stopping the match and asking his corner to throw the challenge brick just to get a breather. But before he got gassed, he looked like a man teaching a boy.
    Don't know if I agree with the man/boy analogy . DM scored 3 off 2 gator rolls ..started with the leg in first ot and couldn't finish.Had Tshirt blocked one roll and made it a 3 period match DM was hit.
    You know, I think I would rather be a man than a god . We don't need anyone to believe in us. We just keep going anyhow. It's what we do.

The gap between Tshirts and DM is not as large as you suggest. Both very good with very bright futures in both folk and free.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

2012 Junior Nationals - FILA - FS Results for Region Wrestling
    Men 66 KG / 145.5 lbs - Jason Tsirtsis's place is 3rd and has scored 6.00 team points.
    Champ. Round 1 - Jason Tsirtsis (Region Wrestling) won by pin over Brian Travis (University of Dubuque WC) (Pin 6-0,0:55)
    Champ. Round 2 - Jason Tsirtsis (Region Wrestling) won by decision over Jake Kadel (hawkeye wrestling club) (Dec 5-0,5-0)
    Champ. Round 3 - Jason Tsirtsis (Region Wrestling) won by tech fall over Joe Rendina (Finger lakes wrestling Club) (TF 6-0,6-0)
    Quarterfinal - Jason Tsirtsis (Region Wrestling) won by decision over Cj Cobb (Penn) (Dec 1-3,6-0,2-0)
    Semifinal - Destin McCauley (Sunkist Kids) won by decision over Jason Tsirtsis (Region Wrestling) (Dec 2-0,4-2)
    Cons. Semi - Jason Tsirtsis (Region Wrestling) won by decision over Kaleb Friedley (Wildcat Wrestling Club) (Dec 5-0,7-0)
    3rd Place Match - Jason Tsirtsis (Region Wrestling) won by decision over Cj Cobb (Penn) (Dec 6-3,1-0)
    Tshirt will have to wrestle Friedly off next year.5-0,7-0 ass kicking for Tshirt

Think Tshirts doesnt RS next yr?
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

I think NW will have their best tournament team in a long time if he doesn't .

MADISON, Wis. – A group of seven current and future Wildcats wrestled at the 2012 FILA Junior National Championships this past weekend in Madison, Wis. True freshman Jameson Oster, sophomore Kaleb Friedley and incoming freshman Jason Tsirtsis were placewinners for their respective weight classes and qualified for the U.S. Junior World Team Trials in Colorado Springs, Colo., from May 25-26.

Competing in the 138.75 lbs./63 kg weight class, Oster won four-straight matches to earn a spot in the championship bout against Steven Rodrigues from the Illini Wrestling Club. Despite a final score of 2-2, 1-1, Oster finished as a FILA Junior National Runner-Up because Rodrigues scored the last point. Since the 138.75 lbs./63 kg weight class is not a FILA international weight, Oster will compete at 132.25 lbs./60 kg at the world team trials.

Friedley made an impressive run in the wrestlebacks to finish sixth at 145.5 lbs./66 kg. He dropped his opening round match to the 2012 ACC Champion at 149 lbs., Nick Brascetta of Virginia Tech, but came back to win five-straight bouts to reach the consolation semifinals. Included in those five wins was a re-match against Brascetta where Friedley advanced with a 5-1, 3-2 score. He ended up placing sixth after meeting Minnesota’s Dylan Ness, a 2012 NCAA finalist at 149 lbs., in the fifth-place match.

Tsirtsis also competed at 145.5 lbs./66 kg and took third. His lone loss came in a close 2-0, 4-2 decision against eventual champion Destin McCauley. In total, Tsirtsis won six matches, including one by fall and one by technical fall, en route to his third-place finish.

Redshirt freshmen Pat Greco (145.5 lbs./66 kg), Dylan Marriott (154.25 lbs./70 kg) and Pierce Harger (163 lbs./74 kg) along with incoming freshman Garrison White (132.25 lbs./60 kg) also competed at the junior national championships.

Last year, redshirt freshman Lee Munster won his second junior national title in freestyle while Harger and redshirt freshman Alex Polizzi also qualified for the world team trials. Wrestlers that were born between 1992-94 were eligible to compete in this year’s FILA Junior National Championships.