Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: All-Excitement Team

Default All-Excitement Team

From a pure entertainment viewpoint, what would be the ideal gold medal matches at the Olympics?

mine:
    55 kg- Lebedev vs North Korean. The Korean is a very aggressive wrestler, and Lebedev is one of the best p4p in the world. They had a wild matchup at the Yarygin a few years aga.

60 kg- Kudukhov vs Asgarov. Asgarov may be the highest scoring freestyler on the world today.

66 kg- anyone but Taghavi or the Japanese wrestler The Stadnik/Shahin matches in the past were epic but it might be past their time. Not sure who to pick here.

74 kg- Burroughs vs Saitiev. The first Burroughs/Tsargush was epic too.

84- if B Saitiev is back, I'd love to see him vs the Azeri world champion. If not, then the young Georgian Dato..

96 kg- Gadisov vs Gayzumov.

120 kg-- Dlagnev vs whoever- not too exciting at this weigh.

Default Re: All-Excitement Team

B saitiev an aldatov, they shoulda faced in 06 an 08

Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    74 kg- Burroughs vs Saitiev. The first Burroughs/Tsargush was epic too.
    While either match up would be epic are you talking about Buvaisar or Adam here?
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Adam- pretty sure Bouvaisar is commited to 84 kg.

Adam beat Yoel Romero for both his titles at 84, who wrestles somewhat like Burroughs- lots of movement and crazy fast.

I know all about Adam. I'd heard that he was possibly trying to make a comeback at 74, just wanted to verify.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Do you think Adam beats out Tsargush?
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Do you think Adam beats out Tsargush?
    Judging from this he needs to make some adjustments to wrestle tsargush and not be so open. Denis Tsargush vs Adam Saitiev .Final match 74kg."Ivan Yarigin" 2012 - YouTube

my list-
    55kg- doesn't interest me that much lebedev basically locked it down, i would've liked the cejudo from the 08 olympics to wrestle him but thats not gonna happen.
    60kg-Same as 60kg no-one at the level of kudukhov maybe kudukhov vs asgarov.
    66kg- taghavi vs mavlet batirov.
    74kg- imo either burroughs vs goudarzi or tsargush either would be very exciting.
    84kg- satiev vs aldatov(not in the final but at some point) final in form mirzaei vs satiev.
    96kg- gatsalov/gadisov vs yazdani
    120kg- taymazov vs makhov (dlagnev vs makhov at some point)

Taghavi vs M. Batirov is probably the "best" matchup, but I'd be shocked if more than 3 pts are scored in that bout.

I'm interested to see how Kudukov wrestles under the pressure of the only tournament he hasn't won. Last years guys had some sucesss stalling him out at the worlds. I hope he comes out like a house on fire during these Olympics.

Quote Originally Posted by gbdaz View Post
    Judging from this he needs to make some adjustments to wrestle tsargush and not be so open. Denis Tsargush vs Adam Saitiev .Final match 74kg."Ivan Yarigin" 2012 - YouTube

my list-
    55kg- doesn't interest me that much lebedev basically locked it down, i would've liked the cejudo from the 08 olympics to wrestle him but thats not gonna happen.
    60kg-Same as 60kg no-one at the level of kudukhov maybe kudukhov vs asgarov.
    66kg- taghavi vs mavlet batirov.
    74kg- imo either burroughs vs goudarzi or tsargush either would be very exciting.
    84kg- satiev vs aldatov(not in the final but at some point) final in form mirzaei vs satiev.
    96kg- gatsalov/gadisov vs yazdani
    120kg- taymazov vs makhov (dlagnev vs makhov at some point)
    Khadem didn't invite Mirzaei for the new camp, it means he won't wrestle in London 99%. The same goes to Masoumi.