Thread: Who Should Coach USA Freestyle in the Olympics???

Default Who Should Coach USA Freestyle in the Olympics???

i saw an article which states the search for a coach has started. who do you guys think should lead USA freestyle in china???

Default Re: Who Should Coach USA Freestyle in the Olympics???

Can you post the article?
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Does the Olympic team coach really make a big difference for guys at this level? I don't know I'm just asking.
    I would think Olympic team members have a program that already works for them and the coach is just a figurehead.

I would think it's more fine tuning, correcting things, and working on game plans v certain opponents.

Just had a thought -- one thing that could be cool is if each World Team member were given an iPod with film of every wrestler in their weight class. obviously I'm a big believer in watching films, but I can't help but think it would help with scouting opponents. Picture if you had every one of your opponents in the palm of your hand.

really, quick?
    you are a big believer in watching films???

i didnt know that.
    haha. i kid i kid. thanks to you, i don't need friends.
    all i need is a computer and your youtube account.

Quote Originally Posted by quick_single View Post
    I would think it's more fine tuning, correcting things, and working on game plans v certain opponents.

Just had a thought -- one thing that could be cool is if each World Team member were given an iPod with film of every wrestler in their weight class. obviously I'm a big believer in watching films, but I can't help but think it would help with scouting opponents. Picture if you had every one of your opponents in the palm of your hand.
    Hadn't thought about the game planning aspect of it. That makes sense.
    What coach is best at gameplanning? -
    I think Bill Belichick might be the best choice, especially considering how good he is with filming.

Mike Duroe (on the Baku coaching staff - and many other US freestyle teams) told me that the only time he goes to youtube is to scout opponents.