Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Iran Freestyle League 2012

Default Re: Iran Freestyle League 2012

Quote Originally Posted by JudoWrestler View Post
    Are the teams based on wrestlers from certain regions or is it just anyone represents a team?
    no, Sabzevar team (league champion) has only 1 wrestler from Sabzavar ! but teams from Mazandaran and Hamedan usually prefer to use their own wrestlers.

anyhow, do you know that GholamReza Mohammadi is fired ? in less than a week he lost everything, his club team lost the final and he lost his position as national team head coach !

I'm not a fan of him at all, but the freestyle team did very good in World Champs, 4 medals, 2 Golds, 2nd place in team ranking with only 2pts behind Russia !

after changing almost everything in wrestling federation, thanks god at least they didn't fire Banna in Greco team. even though it's still early to judge but I won't be surprised if we get another disastrous result in London.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    no, Sabzevar team (league champion) has only 1 wrestler from Sabzavar ! but teams from Mazandaran and Hamedan usually prefer to use their own wrestlers.

anyhow, do you know that GholamReza Mohammadi is fired ? in less than a week he lost everything, his club team lost the final and he lost his position as national team head coach !

I'm not a fan of him at all, but the freestyle team did very good in World Champs, 4 medals, 2 Golds, 2nd place in team ranking with only 2pts behind Russia !

after changing almost everything in wrestling federation, thanks god at least they didn't fire Banna in Greco team. even though it's still early to judge but I won't be surprised if we get another disastrous result in London.
    Isn't khadem the knew head coach?

Quote Originally Posted by gbdaz View Post
    Isn't khadem the knew head coach?
    Yes he is, he appointed himself !

If Mohammadi did good, why did they fire him?

Quote Originally Posted by JudoWrestler View Post
    If Mohammadi did good, why did they fire him?
    nobody knows and that's the problem, everybody respects Khadem, he was a legend as a wrestler. but I don't think it was a good decision. I hope I'm wrong