Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Olympic test event

Default Re: Olympic test event

Yeah fila mistake just watched the matches it was jordan. And metcalf handled hasanov, only point hasanov got was on the clinch and that was a dubious point. Just go on fila go to the videos and clink on "link to video" below the video to download. And sharipov beat ktsoev.

Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    U.S. receives freestyle draws for Olympic Test Event in London, England | TheMat.com - USA Wrestling yet another Kilgore/Belanovsky match

Check out the greco results. A ton of big studs not medalling, which I suppose is par for the course for Greco. What caught my eye the most is Sourian, 5th at 60.
    not a surprise, he was out of training for months. most of the Greco team were out of training after the World Championships.

from what I read in Iran wrestling website, FILA tests a new ball draw system here.
    2 red, 2 blue at start, 50-50
    if red wins the draw in first period, 1 red, 2 blue for second period. 33-66 and ...

I think it's a good idea.

At the conference of the referees and the fila functionaries that took place before the tourney, new greco rules have been discused. Martinetti even wants to have them at the Olympics, and not after the games. I watched the London greco videos. Each period starts in a funy fixed position. I don't know what was the idea for this innovation. What is good: no parterre if there is a score in the first 90 seconds.

Quote Originally Posted by akzent View Post
    At the conference of the referees and the fila functionaries that took place before the tourney, new greco rules have been discused. Martinetti even wants to have them at the Olympics, and not after the games. I watched the London greco videos. Each period starts in a funy fixed position. I don't know what was the idea for this innovation. What is good: no parterre if there is a score in the first 90 seconds.
    Indeed, that chest-to-chest position is really funny. can you confirm what I read about the ball draw ?

anyhow I just watched Jafari-Escobedo match. what a mistake Escobedo did in the end of second period, unbelievable ! but that's why I like American wrestlers, they always want to attack !

Is anyone else reminded of 84kg Ketoev when they watch Sharifov wrestle?

From what I've seen of Sharifov (which isn't much) he is more of a hard-charging leg shooting, while Ketoev controlled the upper body. I haven't watched these matches yet though.

Really annoyed that FILA is still screwing around with rule changes. Just let it be already!

Anyone elso noticed that Lebedev placed 7th at 66. I don't get it, did this guy just get tired of winning or what?

From what I've seen of Sharifov (which isn't much) he is more of a hard-charging leg shooting, while Ketoev controlled the upper body. I haven't watched these matches yet though.

Really annoyed that FILA is still screwing around with rule changes. Just let it be already!

Anyone elso noticed that Lebedev placed 7th at 66. I don't get it, did this guy just get tired of winning or what?
    He didn't show.

I didn't mean in such exact terms.

By terms of London's tournament every country must to send only one wrestler in category. Lebedev had plan to wrestle in 60 kilo as Sat. But FILA didn't let him. Lebedev not wrestled there.