Thread: Us 66kg

Default Us 66kg

With the addition of Schlatter to the mix at 66 what are the thoughts on the team trials in Mens Freestyle?? Metcalf,Schlatter,Ware,Kolat,Kelly,Frayer just to name a few it should be ultra competitive and the winner should have an excellent shot at a world medal based on the gauntlet they'll have to go through just to qualify for the team. The top two I'd like to see out of the group are Kolat or Schlatter. What are your thoughts

Default Re: Us 66kg

Hadn't heard that Dustin was dropping down to 66.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Hadn't heard that Dustin was dropping down to 66.
    http://www.flowrestling.org/speaker/...stin-Schlatter

Serves me right not to have been paying attention to the NYAC results this weekend.

Just looked at the bracket, he did a nice job putting points on the board save for the match against Meneely.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Yeah, from the posted matches of the NYAC he looks more aggressive than he had been. I'm glad to see him back and making that weight class stronger for us. And I'm hoping for a Schlatter/Metcalf 4.

Schlatter wrestled well from the two matches I saw (semis and finals), didn't seem too sucked down

I'll pick Metcalf to win the trials, he just needs to stop taking those awful cross-body high crotches that he does sometimes, great way to get countered!

BTW for anyone who hasn't checked out NYAC vidoes yet, there was some great wrestling Tons of scoring and not a lot of clinches from what I saw.

Sure wish Caldwell was healthy enought to compete at his best.

frayer