Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 2012 World Championships Discussion: Greco 55/66/96 KG

Default Re: 2012 World Championships Discussion: Greco 55/66/96 KG

Quote Originally Posted by Gantry View Post
    Azerbaijan takes the gold at 55kg, got the only points in the 1st when his opponent from Belarus grabbed his foot from the bottom in par terre. Never seen that before...
    What?! Do you see this action in the same way the chair saw it? The video is up now, on Fila site. What I see is not Blr grabbing Aze's foot, but Aze stepping on Blr's hand. Watch at 1:42 (of the period). I don't think it was intentional. The referee saw this, didn't react. Then... 6 seconds later (as if he watched a virtual review!), the chair began to shout: "Foul! Stop!". Though the referee was showing with his foot and hand that Aze stepped on Blr's hand, the chair insisted Blr grabbed foot, gave him a caution and Aze got his 2 points + 1 more for the challenge of Blr.
    This sucks! It's not the first time referees intentionally misinterpret actions in finals in which Azeri wrestle. I can recall the same - 2 years ago in the 66 final Mansurov v. Tskhadaia. Tshadaia got caution (nobody knows what for), Mansurov got point. This should not surprise considering the fact that yesterday Fila and the Azerebaijani AtaHolding (the main sponsor of Fila whose advertisements you can see everywhere in the hall) signed a new contract for the next 5 years.

That was one of the few matches that I was able to watch and to me it looked like the had was being stepped on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    I've been leaving the title as is to see how long until Jensen notices.

Ruiz got 7th and Lester got 5th.
    Jensen didn't notice until he read this post, but he's not going to change it since tomorrow will be a new thread.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

I remember the Mansurov/Tskhadia match, though I thought it was a really questionable exposure point (rather than a caution) that Mansurov got. Either way, there sure are a lot of questionable calls that go in favor of Azerbayjan. Remember the Gogchelidze/Gayzumov match where Gayzumov stepped out twice during the same clinch without any penalty?

At first I thought this was a bullshit call. I watched it again and BLR definitely hooked his leg with his ankle. That being said, I doubt the FILA refs even noticed that.

That is what the french commentator was talking about online, was what he was doing with his leg. With the audio I had though I couldn't tell if that is what the call was about or if it was about grabbing of the foot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

No, it was for grabbing foot. Watch the themat video! It's the best one showing what hapened. You see there the review, and you see that the referees focused their attention on foot grabbing and 2x (2:58, 3:14) stopped the video play when Blr was grabbing foot. They completly ignored the fact that it was Aze who first stepped on Blr hand (2:49). Actually not on the hand, but on the arm (this isnt't visible on the fila video). I think foot grabbing was simply a reaction on stepping, and not an intentional grab. And I still think in this situation, Blr should have been cautioned.

I know i'm dragging on about this, but the lack of footage is disgraceful, this is a world championships and azeri and turkish tv are showing football a sport both countries are garbage at, real turkey bilmars.

Trt3 are now showing, noroozi vs the kazakh final was crazy what a match, i'm not much for watching greco but that was awesome.