View Poll Results: Who will win the words at 55 kg?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Lebedev (Russia) defending world champ, bronze

6 42.86%
  • Mansurov (Uzbekistan) 2x world champ, bronze

1 7.14%
  • Yang (North Korea) world champ

5 35.71%
  • Chamizo (Cuba) world bronze

1 7.14%
  • Magomedov (Azerbayjan)

0 0%
  • other

1 7.14%
  • Khinchegashvill (Georgia)

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 55 kg- world championship predictions

Default 55 kg- world championship predictions

This was a very weak weight last year, and the silver medallist is no longer at 55. However, with Mansurov dropping down it becomes a bit stronger. Hopefully Yang, the dynamic North Korean, is here in the bracket. I'll do my best with the poll, but it's difficult to know who will all show up. Lebedev, the defending champ, is good but I don't think he's particularly unbeatable.

Default Re: 55 kg- world championship predictions

Shouldn't 2x Jr World champ from Georgia also be listed? I think he has an outside shot just like Magomedov to win the title, he beat him in the European semis in March before losing to Otarsultanov in the finals. Also, he beat Asgarov last summer a couple months before his runner-up finish at Senior Worlds. Chamizo is super talented and very young talent, but it's really difficult to pick a Cuban for the title especially if he runs into Lebedev along the way. Mansurov had a really bad match at the Ukraine tournament, getting pinned - still if he's on has perhaps the best shot to beat Lebedev. Will Yang definitely be competing?

Quote Originally Posted by bwh27 View Post
    Will Yang definitely be competing?
    most probably yes, he didn't compete last year because of Asian Games, which is really important for Asian countries.

Mansurov is my pick to win the gold medal.

i wonder if chamizo will be at 55, i saw him in cuba an he was as tall if not taller than me, an im about 5'9

Going with Yang

That's subject to change though once its well and truly confirmed who is here.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Yang really threw Lebedev around when they wrestled, at the Yarygin last year. Mansurov won a close match over Yang in the Asian games finals.

I meant the list the young Georgian, I just forgot. Is it possible to edit a poll? One of the most entertaining wrestlers around, that's for sure.

Yes, the poll can be edited. I don't want to just put "The Young Georgian" as a poll option, so let me know what his name is and I'll put him on there.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Khinchegashvilli (I had to google it.)

Lebedev will win. I dont see noboby who can beat him. Agree with Yang, Khinchega, Magamedov they are have chance. But Yumoto isn't bad too.