View Poll Results: Who will win the worlds at 66 kg?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • Kumar, India (defending world champ, olympic bronze))

7 29.17%
  • Shahin, Turkey (world, Olympic champ)

4 16.67%
  • Taghavi, Iran (world champ)

4 16.67%
  • Hasaynov, Azerbayjan (world bronze)

6 25.00%
  • Yonemitsu, Japan (world bronze)

0 0%
  • Stadnik, Ukraine (olympic silver, world bronze)

2 8.33%
  • A. Batirov, Russia (Yarygin champ)

0 0%
  • Other

1 4.17%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 66 kg- world championship predictions

Default Re: 66 kg- world championship predictions

I think Taghavi, like Tsargush, is very skilled. That's why they frustrate me. They don't just have close matches againt top notch competition but also against inferior wrestlers they could light up if they wanted to.

Brown, I suggest you watch some videos of Hasaynov.

The Azerbaijan guy never beat strong wrestlers like the ones mentioned above. But I have to admit he is good and young.

Quote Originally Posted by James Brown View Post
    The Azerbaijan guy never beat strong wrestlers like the ones mentioned above. But I have to admit he is good and young.
    You really don't think Kumar and Huseynov would be favored over Batirov? Adam will challenge for the title, but those guys have had more success at 66kg than he has, especially Kumar. Huseynov won 2010 Europeans, I think pinning Gadzhiev in the finals and he was only 20 years old! If Taghavi wants to win he'll have to wrestle a lot better than the last Worlds, Garzon tore him up.

You have a valid point; however, he did beat Garzon by fall a couple of years ago. Perhaps Akzent or someone else knows if he has ever wrestled Batirov. A quick google search revealed that Hasaynov won the 2010 Euros where Batirov finished 3rd.

Garzon is not a measure for me. He can be a good wrestler but never won any serious titles.
    Of course, Hasanov won Europeans in 2010 and 2011. He is a talented guy and for sure has bright future in 66kg. Azeris so far produced 2 quality "attacking style" wrestlers; Hasanov and Asgarov. However, I dont believe Hasanov can be successful with wrestlers like Batirov or Taghavi.
    With Kumar, its really hard to say. I am not sure if he even gonna participate. He got married last year, haven't seen him wrestling so far.
    Last edited by James Brown; 08-21-2011 at 02:11 AM.

Sushil is practicing in Ukraine.

However, I dont believe Hasanov can be successful with wrestlers like Batirov or Taghavi.
    Would it be too much to ask for you to be more specific? Batirov is excellent to have won Russian Nationals, but what about his style suggests he's out of Hasanov's league? It's fine to have this opinion, just not sure where it's coming from. Pretty sure Kumar will be competing and he's absolutely been a level above Adam Batirov and Taghavi for the last 1.5 years, we'll see whether that's changed.

i disagree on kumar, who has he beaten since last year? what tournies has he won?

Sushil - interview 3 weeks ago:
    The Hindu : Sport / Athletics : Eager to book Olympic berth, Sushil gears up for World C’ship

On another note: Sushil - a role model???
    At the cadet FS worlds yesterday, Indian wrestlers reached the medal matches in all 5 weight classes. One placed first, another one - second, 2 guys - bronze, one placed 5th. After the 1st day India is on place 2 (41 pts) in the team ranking - behind RUS (48 pts) and leaving AZE (31), IRI (30), USA (28), KAZ, UKR, GEO behind. The guy who become the champ (58 kg) beat KAZ, USA, AZE, GEO and (in the finals) RUS.
    Last edited by akzent; 08-24-2011 at 04:11 AM.