Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Russian Lineup

Default Russian Lineup

As reported on the other site. No surprises.
    55- Lebedev 60- Kudukhov 66- Adam Batirov 74- Tsargush 84- Saritov 96- Gatsalov 120- Makhov

Personally, I would have liked to see M. Batirov, and Urishev at least get a wrestle-off (Saritov beat him on clinches at nationals). Anyone know this Saritov guy's credentials?

Default Re: Russian Lineup

It's Albert Saritov right? Apparently he won the 2006 World Cup at 74kg, finishing ahead of Fundora (Cuba) and Bazrighaleh (Iran) who was runner-up at Worlds later that year - it's unclear which of those guys he faced though in FILA results. A Georgian wrestler I've never heard of (Tlashadze) finished 2nd. Saritov was only 20 for that tournament and will be 26 at 2011 Worlds, and obviously at a higher weight class. FILA also lists him as competing at the Military Games in 2007, but it must be another Saritov with possibly the same name because it lists him at 60kg.

Also, he's very goofy looking.

I am predicting a bad year for Russia. Saritov looks so weak for 84kg.

When are the world champs.

Depends on what you consider "bad."

The big three (Kudukhov, Tsargush, and Makhov) are all significant favorites at their weights, and while Lebedev is in a super tough weight class again he is the defending champion.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Albert Saritov was 2x medalist at Yarigin tourney, never champ.
    At Russian nationals: 2008 3rd, 2009 2nd, 2011 1st.

another Saritov with possibly the same name because it lists him at 60kg.
    Ramazan Saritov - he is brother of Albert. This year he moved to Turkey competing there under a new family name - Pehlivanoglu.

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Depends on what you consider "bad."

The big three (Kudukhov, Tsargush, and Makhov) are all significant favorites at their weights, and while Lebedev is in a super tough weight class again he is the defending champion.
    I mean bad for Russia, very good for any other nation.

Can Makhov be the favourite when he just lost?

Yesterday, head coach Koguashvili announced the GR lineup

55 Bekhan Mankiev
    60 Zaur Kuramagomedov
    66 Ambako Vachadze
    74 Roman Vlasov
    84 Alan Khugaev
    96 Rustam Totrov
    120 Hasan Baroev

A month ago, all of them (except for Baroev) wrestled at Pytlasinski in Poland. 60, 66, 74, 84 and 96 placed first there.

I hope Albiev grows into his weight class (he wrestled 66 kg at the nationals and placed 3rd) to the point where he can challenge, and hopefully beat, Vachadze. I love watching him wrestle.

Quote Originally Posted by akzent View Post
    Yesterday, head coach Koguashvili announced the GR lineup

55 Bekhan Mankiev
    60 Zaur Kuramagomedov
    66 Ambako Vachadze
    74 Roman Vlasov
    84 Alan Khugaev
    96 Rustam Totrov
    120 Hasan Baroev

A month ago, all of them (except for Baroev) wrestled at Pytlasinski in Poland. 60, 66, 74, 84 and 96 placed first there.
    I expect no gold medal for this team. but I think Totrov is their best chance for the gold. then Khugaev. but you know luck is an important factor in Greco.