Thread: JD Bergman says Just Wrestle

Default JD Bergman says Just Wrestle

http://www.flowrestling.org/coverage...4-Just-Wrestle

JD elaborates on the conversation we had here after the US Open, where essentially everyone disagreed with my stance that he was whining a bit.

He proceeds to provide more examples of how Steve Mocco is a horrible sport, and really not much else.

If Steve were the only guy doing this it'd be one thing. I think JD would have more credibility if A) He wasn't really close with Tervel and B) He would cite someone other than Mocco as someone who bends the rules to get a desired result(E.G. Shawn Bunch who repeatedly grabbed Zadicks singlet last year,and headbutted him)

Logan Brown and Dustin Kilgore got in a fistfight on a wrestling mat practically and nobody really did anything. That match to me was much worse than anything that Tervel endured. Where was the call to reform when COLLEGE KIDS were in "danger."

With flowrestling we've been able to see a lot of D1 practices and in those practices I've seen a number of fistfights break out. I've heard coaches say "KEEP IT OPEN HANDED" in response to the brawls. Is it possible that this mentality is nurtured at the collegiate level?

Not coming down really on any side of the fence here for now, just bringing up some food for thought.

Maybe JD will make another Vlog about that(not that he reads this stuff)
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Default Re: JD Bergman says Just Wrestle

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    Logan Brown and Dustin Kilgore got in a fistfight on a wrestling mat practically and nobody really did anything. That match to me was much worse than anything that Tervel endured. Where was the call to reform when COLLEGE KIDS were in "danger."
    Since you bring up this example... There was a small call to reform there, but it was behind the scenes. The ref from that match took some formal heat and had restrictions on his assignments thereafter. The ref that assigns him duals talks about it here, at around the 2:55 mark:

http://www.flowrestling.org/speaker/...d-Feeney/video

More credibility? He was in the corner witnessing it, a random objective third party world team member isn't going to talk about it, that doesn't make sense. I don't see how you're any less biased than Bergman - he "proceeds to provide more examples of how Steve Mocco is a horrible sport, and really not much else"? Art Martori sent Mocco a letter of reprimand. And did you think his example from the World Team Trials was that bad? I'd be glad to hear the other side of this, but essentially Mocco was allegedly grabbing Tervel's throat in tie-ups for the first two matches - after he was specifically warned in the third match not to do it again, he didn't. It's not like he's just whining about Mocco randomly, he's talking about his account of a specific event that he witnessed - so your standards of wanting him to be more objective and to cite other wrestlers don't make sense to me.

Anyway, I don't really care about this (at least beyond the 3-4 mins it took me to respond), especially since I'm not a Mocco or Bergman fan, but still don't consider him to be "whining." The guy is a talker, perhaps way too much for your tastes. Complaining about Mocco or Bunch or Logan Brown on a message board seems more like whining to me than someone who knows Mocco calling him out in a public manner after witnessing an event that he very well may have a biased perspective on. Neither one bothers me if they have legitimate things to say.

Also, when using the example of the Brands brothers freaking out to influence referees - he says that Tom Ryan does the same thing and should also be reprimanded, as does every coach in the country to some degree.
    Last edited by bwh27; 07-12-2011 at 05:42 PM.

The specificity of his rants is what bothers me. I don't mind a guy talking, but if he wants something done, he needs to use more than one example that involves his BFF.

I wasn't complaining about Bunch or Logan Brown on here, just pointing out the irony of things he's chosen to NOT make 10 minute videos about, when, if anything, they would further promote his case.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.