Thread: Spanish Grand Pris

Default Spanish Grand Pris

http://www.wrestling.ca/i/articles/2011_Spanish_GP.pdf from the Canadian site.

Some results of interest:
    Tremblay at 55 placed 3rd, scoring on Tubea and beating Krastanov (world 5th place finisher)
    Gomez wins 60 for Pueto Rica
    Tsargush wins 74 with what looks like shockingly exciting matches. Laverick places 3rd (in what I think is one of his first international tournaments)
    Korey Jarvis places 3rd at 96, beating a Hungarian who smoked his local rivals Pliev and Sandhu.

Default Re: Spanish Grand Pris

In the 74 final, Tsargush beat 4:3 (total) Ender Joshkun who is like Nr. 3 in Turkey.
    Tsargush had luck that one of his main opponents, bodybuilder ))) Gabor Hatos of Hungary, decided to wrestle at 84 at that tourney.

+++
    Arpad Ritter (84 kg) who retired 2 or 3 years ago (and appeared only in beach wrestling since then) came back.
    Last edited by akzent; 07-12-2011 at 02:14 PM.

I saw that Gabor won 84. Maybe Tsargush was just screwing around or hasn't trained much recently, but results like this make it look like is beatable, both by Farniev or at the worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    I saw that Gabor won 84. Maybe Tsargush was just screwing around or hasn't trained much recently, but results like this make it look like is beatable, both by Farniev or at the worlds.
    I sure hope so, but hasn't he been injured for a while and that's partly why he didn't compete at Russian Nationals or Baku Grand Prix? A 100% Tsargush would not break a sweat against Hatos, though he would probably pull on his singlet regardless.

Tsargush's match with the Turk wasn't as close as the score indicated. Watching the match there was never any doubt about who was gong to win.

I believe it, but it's still strange to see scores like that. Even the golden pylon will occasionally lock up a gut wrench and score more than one point, but what was the last time Tsargush gave up significant points?

BTW where can I watch these videos?

tsargush gave up a round to the turk in the final, an he was loosing the second period 1-2 with scoring only with seconds left, then third round he broke the turk down an won easily, but he did not look very dominate in that match