Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 9 of 14

Thread: Herbert on flo being interviewed after losing to Cael.

  1. #1

    Default Herbert on flo being interviewed after losing to Cael.

    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

  2. #2
    Olympic Champ kr1963's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Clearwater, Florida, United States
    Posts
    7,028

    Default Re: Herbert on flo being interviewed after losing to Cael.

    Good little interview by Bader. Good to see that Jake has apparently no quit in him.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Herbert on flo being interviewed after losing to Cael.

    Just watched the 'interview'. Hope the gentleman doing the interviewing signs up for some classes or seminars in broadcast journalism and work on his skills a lot.

    Herbert sounded afraid and trying to justify it by putting on a front. Sounded like he was trying to convince himself somehow that he can compete.

    What is up with 'best eyes' and Hrovat? Is the guy gay?

  4. #4

    Default Re: Herbert on flo being interviewed after losing to Cael.

    Quote Originally Posted by zzyzx View Post
    Just watched the 'interview'. Hope the gentleman doing the interviewing signs up for some classes or seminars in broadcast journalism and work on his skills a lot.

    Herbert sounded afraid and trying to justify it by putting on a front. Sounded like he was trying to convince himself somehow that he can compete.

    What is up with 'best eyes' and Hrovat? Is the guy gay?
    I took the interview completely different. It looked to me like he was still frustrated that he lost and was anxious to start practicing to get another shot. I did not see fear in those eyes. Pissed off, focused and anxious is what I saw.

    As far as the Hrovat comment, NO HE IS NOT GAY! He and Hrovat are good friends and did a lot of funny debates on that same site. Debates like what is better, crunchy or smooth peanut butter. I think they did a superhero debate too. Just stupid stuff and they were pretty funny. I'm sure the eyes thing is an inside joke. But from everything I've seen with Herbert, he seems to be a genuinely good guy.

  5. #5

    Default Re: Herbert on flo being interviewed after losing to Cael.

    Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    I took the interview completely different. It looked to me like he was still frustrated that he lost and was anxious to start practicing to get another shot. I did not see fear in those eyes. Pissed off, focused and anxious is what I saw.

    As far as the Hrovat comment, NO HE IS NOT GAY! He and Hrovat are good friends and did a lot of funny debates on that same site. Debates like what is better, crunchy or smooth peanut butter. I think they did a superhero debate too. Just stupid stuff and they were pretty funny. I'm sure the eyes thing is an inside joke. But from everything I've seen with Herbert, he seems to be a genuinely good guy.

    Good interview. Bader's journalism style is casual and informal. Go watch 60 minutes if you want tight azz interviewing. Bader also knows Herbert well hence the amicable style.

    Wow, a gay joke. in 2011. You impress us all, buddy. Go say that to Herbert's face.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Herbert on flo being interviewed after losing to Cael.

    Quote Originally Posted by zzyzx View Post
    Just watched the 'interview'. Hope the gentleman doing the interviewing signs up for some classes or seminars in broadcast journalism and work on his skills a lot.

    Herbert sounded afraid and trying to justify it by putting on a front. Sounded like he was trying to convince himself somehow that he can compete.

    What is up with 'best eyes' and Hrovat? Is the guy gay?
    Flo does their own thing and their interviews are very conversational. Jake is not a pretentious guy and is pretty laid back himself and doesn't mind that sort of interview. I think flo's crew and "style" have been a part of the reason they're so popular.
    Compared to the vanilla wrestling interviews we're used to where the interviewers hardly know anything about the wrestler in the first place, I'll take their approach.

    It is possible he was kidding around about Hrovat. Not every compliment about a person of the same sex necessarily means they're a homosexual.

    Jake isn't afraid at all(in my opinion) and I'm sure he's glad to wrestle the best.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Herbert on flo being interviewed after losing to Cael.

    Quote Originally Posted by Hubbard View Post
    Good interview. Bader's journalism style is casual and informal. Go watch 60 minutes if you want tight azz interviewing. Bader also knows Herbert well hence the amicable style.

    Wow, a gay joke. in 2011. You impress us all, buddy. Go say that to Herbert's face.
    Hold up here. I didn't call him gay. I was defending him.

  8. #8

    Default Re: Herbert on flo being interviewed after losing to Cael.

    Quinn, I meant the other guy.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Herbert on flo being interviewed after losing to Cael.

    I posted this on the other forum in a thread discussing this article and I'm unoriginal/lazy so will just copy-paste it here.

    As much as I like Jake his outwork-him-Gable-'72-philosophy is outdated (for freestyle) especially given the current rules. A philosophy more like John Smith's is more fitting I think - Smith worked extremely hard, sometimes spending 8 hours in the room in a single day! But he focused on perfecting his technique and fine-tuning his attacks rather than Rocky Balboa training. Obviously Herbert is a good technician who understands its importance already, I just hope he places a precedence on improving his tactics, positioning and technique instead of simply training like a madman.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •