Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Burroughs vs Tsargush

Default Re: Burroughs vs Tsargush

i really dont wanna compare saitiev to tsargush
    but what i do see in tsargush is that he is good at reading a match,.
    different fro a murtazaliev from who i think is pleasure to watch and explosive

tsargush is a wrestler who makes a balance on what will make him win, i dont like it.

but still somehow this match reminded me of slay and saitiev

american powerhouse versus a russian more technical and balanced wrestler.

this burroughs guy has really nice technique and wretling character.

he brakes all taboes on how to wrestle and bla bla he just wrestles.

i still remember this forum being all interested in how russians train etc.
    this guy demonstrated that everything is possible.!

I want to know what makes Tsargush more technical? The fact that he does very little other than block off and cheat?
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

i dont consider tsargush very technical, i think hes dirty, a cheat, and overall a terrible champion to represent the 74kg weight class, Murtazaliev was indeed a pleasure to watch, especially in this close match: Heskett vs Murtazaliev - YouTube

Saitiev is the prime example on a technical wrestler, but i believe burroughs is a great champion to be had in the world, an his style almost reminds of the brands brothers, not with what moves he did, but how he would just keep coming for more an more redardless the score, also he has no ground game

I've done more Tsargush bashing on this site than anyone, but the guy was/is good. Strong as an ox. Great balance and positioning. Great scrambler, especially defensively. Doesn't matter if you call it "technical" or something else (although I heard FILA gave him their "most technical" award last year?) Tsargush frustrates my precicely because he is so good, and still choses to stall and cheap-shot his opponents when he could win straight-up if he wanted.

I was also a Murtazaliev fan. My dream final for the Olympics next year is Burroughs vs a rejuvinated Murta- what a match taht would be!

Hey Jensen...what do you think about the match up now?

The same thing that I thought about this in post #15 dummy.

The same thing that I thought when I predicted Burroughs to win Gold in the specific thread for yesterday's competition.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Jensen, Jensen, Jensen...what you say about post #5? :P

Looking for Shottas predictions....None to be found. Somewhat convenient.
    To avoid criticism say nothing, do nothing, be nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by shotta View Post
    Jensen, Jensen, Jensen...what you say about post #5? :P
    I'm going to break this down as much as I can and type it in small words so that hopefully you'll understand.

1. Post #5 was made 15 months ago.

2. At that point in time the only freestyle tournament of note that Burroughs had won was US Nationals.

3. In winning that tournament he had to scrap to beat Kirk White in the semi's after giving up several exposures, and then actually dropped a period to Nick Marable in the finals.

4. 15 months ago when post #5 was made Denis Tsargush was the 2x Defending World Champion, so if taking a "lets wait and see" approach given what we knew then makes me a bad fan then I guess I'm a bad fan.

5. I don't even know why I'm wasting my time with your stupidity because as vais points out its not like you went out on a limb and made a prediction.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12