Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pan Am

Default Re: Pan Am

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbard View Post
    Gavin lost to Venezuela. Should there be concern?
    The Venezuelan he barely lost to (0-1,6-3,1-1) is pretty good, so I don't think there should be much concern. Diaz beat Bertolino at last year's Pan Am's pretty solidly and beat Puerto Rico's Espinal on the way to the finals of this tournament. Espinal has finished as high as 9th at Worlds, so while this wasn't Gavin's best tournament and I'm sure he's capable of beating Diaz, it's also not a shocker.

9th means nothing with the current tournament format.

He beat Bertolino and Espinal.......................ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbard View Post
    9th means nothing with the current tournament format.

He beat Bertolino and Espinal.......................ok.
    He's not particularly good, but he's not bad is all I'm saying. Not a shocking loss, especially given it was razor tight with close calls (according to Zeke) with the current bizarre freestyle rules. Gavin, who isn't our #1, scored more points than his opponent and lost to him in the Pan Am finals - no, we should not be "concerned."

Times have changed I guess. The #2 losing to Venezuela is not a concern.

Ok.

Didn't this Venezuela guy beat Travis Cross at worlds a few years back? Or was it someone else? I remember he had a wierd loss to a South American one year.

Who did Garcia lose to? That's what concerns me personally.

Garcia lost to Lopez from Cuba 1-0, 1-0.

Spin, yes, that was Cross who lost to him and you're right, I remember Coach Vierling mentioning how ridiculously officiated the match was.

I'm pulling BWH's leg a bit. The guy is not your typical South American wrestler. He's not a tomato can.