Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Beat the Streets. USA vs Russia

Default Re: Beat the Streets. USA vs Russia

After Metcalf scored, the Russian quickly reversed the position by lifting Metcalfs foot and driving him to his back. I thought the call (1 pt Metcalf) was the right one at that point, but another official might not have awarded the TD and allowed the Russan to finish his counter. That's how Gadziev could have won the clinch.

Side note for 5pt: it seems to me like FILA officials are a quicker to award points in scramble/clinch situations than the Canadian ones are. Am I wrong?
    Last edited by arm-spin; 05-07-2011 at 11:01 PM.

Burroughs looked pretty tough.. I just love his double set ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    All we can go off is the result...except for the part you didn't like, you mean. Besides, you are again ignoring the point that Gadhziev doesn't automatically win the period if Metcalf jumped on the clinch. Metcalf is still in an extremely dominant position.
    I never said he should win the period for metcalf not locking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by quinn14 View Post
    Why doesn't that work both ways? Since Gadhziev lost the clinch shouldn't that mean that he should have opened up more and most likely gave up more points?
    Gadhziev never opens up metcalf does.

Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    After Metcalf scored, the Russian quickly reversed the position by lifting Metcalfs foot and driving him to his back. I thought the call (1 pt Metcalf) was the right one at that point, but another official might not have awarded the TD and allowed the Russan to finish his counter. That's how Gadziev could have won the clinch.

Side note for 5pt: it seems to me like FILA officials are a quicker to award points in scramble/clinch situations than the Canadian ones are. Am I wrong?
    I think the point shouldn't have been given as gadhziev had the leg quite high up on his chest and metcalf had no way solidified back postion he had to drive into him more, gadhziev then came up with the leg to then take him to his back.

It was close either way. I've noticed that FILA officials tend to award TD's very quickly in the clinch, that's why I'm not suprised they gave Metcalf the point.

84m Andrey Valiev Russia vs. Jake Herbert USA | 2011 Beat The Streets Gala | Flowrestling
    Valiev vs Herbert. Already posted my thoughts on Herbert several times. The Russian kid tore up the Jr. Worlds with throws and turns last year, does it again here. I hope he becomes a senior level stud, very fun to watch.

120 lbs match Tervel Dlagnev USA vs. Barsag Kesaev Russia | 2011 Beat The Streets Gala | Flowrestling
    Keseav vs Dlagnev. Nothing going on till the last 30 seconds, then some wild heavyweight scrambles including a backflip by the Russian and a feet-to-back TD for Dlagnev. Good for Dlagnev, he should be beating guys like this, not getting pinned like last time they met.

60 lbs match Shawn Bunch USA vs. Rasul Murtazaliev Russia Russia | 2011 Beat The Streets Gala | Flowrestling
    Note to Bunch... Don't friggin' push into people when they are locked up with you!!! He made the same mistake at the US open. The Russian guy looked good with counter offense, calm and smooth.

Overall great proformance by Team USA! They had the home crowd advantage and a few calls went in their favor, but still, their coaches and fans have to be pleased!
    Last edited by arm-spin; 05-08-2011 at 10:27 AM.

Umm, Metcalf only went to his back because he stopped wrestling. The ref had awarded the point.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

Quote Originally Posted by Schlottke View Post
    Burroughs looked pretty tough.. I just love his double set ups.
    "Set ups"? What set ups??? He's just so bloody fast that he gets them....or my eyes are slow!
    The Art of living is more like wrestling than dancing.

lol yeah, that and they seem to ingnore the 15 porotests afterwards