Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Beat the Streets. USA vs Russia

Default Re: Beat the Streets. USA vs Russia

Quote Originally Posted by vaisforlovers View Post
    The professional referees seem to disagree with your assessment.
    The camera doesn't, its clear as day and so are the rules. Referee's are as proffessional as their allegiance and the place they are reffing in
    Last edited by gbdaz; 05-06-2011 at 12:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gbdaz View Post
    The camera doesn't, its clear as day and so are the rules. Referee's are as proffessional as their allegiance and the place they are reffing in
    all too true

I dont have a lot of time these days but I'm starting to watch these now. I'm not shocked Metcalf won (though I thought the Russian was favored). They had a close 3 period match at the Yarygin and home-field advantage does matter at least a little bit. Burroughs over Geduev did surprise me- I thought Burroughs would be world class but I didn't know he was that good yet. I'll comment more when I watch those two matches.

YouTube - Henry Cejudo vs. Rasul Mashezov, 5/5/11
    Cejudo vs Mashezov. Good match, nice throw at the end. Henry looked like he's ready to wrestle again. I know "common opponents" doesn't mean a whole lot sometimes, but current US champ Hazewinkel wrestled this Russian kid and got killed last year- thrown for 5 twice.

96 lbs match Jake Varner USA vs. Shamil Akhmedov Russia | 2011 Beat The Streets Gala | Flowrestling
    Varner vs Akhmedov. Varner is a beast-man. The scramble at the end- tough to score. Refs will often give the benefit of the doubt to the thrower in an out-of-bounds situation- especially if he;s on his home turf

66 lbs match Brent Metcalf USA vs. Magomedmurad Gadzhiev Russia | 2011 Beat The Streets Gala | Flowrestling
    Metcalf vs Gadziev. Good match by Metcalf, MUCH better than US open preformance. Regarding the clinch I thought the start was a bit fast, but that's how it goes Under the most recent interpretation of the ever-changing clinch rules, the referee is supposed to blow his whistle as long as soon as the offensive guy touches his hands together. Did Metcalf touch his hands properly? Hard to say, but the point he scored was legitimate.

74 lbs match Jordan Burroughs USA vs. Aniuar Geduev Russia | 2011 Beat The Streets Gala | Flowrestling
    74 kg Burroughs vs Geduev. Great preformance by Burroughs against a very tough opponent. Burroughs wrestled smart, stayed in great position, and looked awesome. Well done! This Russian beat the crap out of one of the Paulsons at a dual last year- guess that makes Burroughs the favorite to win the US WTT's.
    Last edited by arm-spin; 05-07-2011 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Big night for the Americans last night as they won 5 out of the 7 matches. Will be very interested to watch these when they pop up over on Flo.

55 kg/121 lbs. ? Henry Cejudo (USA) dec. Rasul Mashezov, 2-0, 4-3
    60 kg/132 lbs. ?. Rasul Murtazaliev (Russia) dec. Shawn Bunch (USA), 3-0, 3-0
    66 kg/145.5 lbs. ? Brent Metcalf (USA) dec. Magomedmurad Gadzhiev (Russia), 1-0, 4-1, 1-0
    74 kg/163 lbs. ? Jordan Burroughs (USA) dec. Aniuar Geduev (Russia), 1-0, 2-1
    84 kg/185 lbs. ? Andrey Valiev (Russia) dec. Jake Herbert (USA), 3-1, 3-2
    96 kg/211.5 lbs. ? Jake Varner (USA) dec. Shamil Akhmedov (Russia), 5-0, 0-1, 4-0
    120 kg/264.5 lbs. ? Tervel Dlagnev (USA) dec. Barsag Kesaev (Russia), 3-0, 3-1
    Btw, the Metcalf score should be 1-0, 1-4, 1-0

Just seen mecalf's match, gadhziev was done over a bit, should've won the clinch in the first then he would have won in 2. Metcalf started off with a double then gadhziev had his leg whilst metcalf was trying for back points then ended up on his back and they gave him the point was just bs imo. Also varner's foot was out before he hit a throw on akhmedov in the 3rd period should have been 1-1 not 4-1.
    How would he have won in the clinch? Even if Metcalf started early, don't they just redo the Clinch? Not to mention, how can you say the rest of the match plays out the exact same way if we change the result of the first period? I always love that argument: If we just change the one part I didn't like, and keep all the parts I did, the result completely changes!
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...

74 lbs match Jordan Burroughs USA vs. Aniuar Geduev Russia | 2011 Beat The Streets Gala | Flowrestling

Gradually picking my way through the matches. Enjoyed listening to Bubba J going nuts in the stands the whole match here.
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Quote Originally Posted by Zapp Brannigan View Post
    How would he have won in the clinch? Even if Metcalf started early, don't they just redo the Clinch? Not to mention, how can you say the rest of the match plays out the exact same way if we change the result of the first period? I always love that argument: If we just change the one part I didn't like, and keep all the parts I did, the result completely changes!
    All we can go off is the result obviously anything could've happened in the second someone could've slipped and injured themselves, but its nonsense to say the result completely changes when the period was won or lost from the clinch, also if gadhziev won the clinch odds are he would've had a much better chance of winning in two as metcalf would open up more and most likely give up more points.

also if gadhziev won the clinch odds are he would've had a much better chance of winning in two as metcalf would open up more and most likely give up more points.
    Why doesn't that work both ways? Since Gadhziev lost the clinch shouldn't that mean that he should have opened up more and most likely gave up more points?

All we can go off is the result obviously anything could've happened in the second someone could've slipped and injured themselves, but its nonsense to say the result completely changes when the period was won or lost from the clinch, also if gadhziev won the clinch odds are he would've had a much better chance of winning in two as metcalf would open up more and most likely give up more points.
    All we can go off is the result...except for the part you didn't like, you mean. Besides, you are again ignoring the point that Gadhziev doesn't automatically win the period if Metcalf jumped on the clinch. Metcalf is still in an extremely dominant position.
    Jacob Schlottke---Gone too soon, and the world is a little less bright because of it. RIP, brother.

One, two, Evans is coming for you...