Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who would you nominate as the 'Outstanding Technician' of the Tournament?

Default Who would you nominate as the 'Outstanding Technician' of the Tournament?

who would be your 'outstanding technician' of the tournament?

i just watched all of Mavlet Batirov's matches on http://youtube.com/user/xac05

his technique is unbelivable. perhaps more unbelivable is the fact that zadick beat him last year. he definitely gets my vote for technician of the tournament.

look at the last move of this match. simply amazing. http://youtube.com/watch?v=bCRbBMtS5hY

Default Re: Who would you nominate as the 'Outstanding Technician' of the Tournament?

That last move was pretty impressive. I don't think he could be called the most technical wrestler though. I saw a few little mistakes such as stepping with the same arm and same leg when making contact with his opponent. If he wrestled someone with a similiar style as John Smith he'd be beaten pretty handily I think.
    Curtis Chenoweth
    wannabe national champ headed to a new home:walkman:

Olympic Champ

Default Re: Who would you nominate as the 'Outstanding Technician' of the Tournament?

I like Murtz. He isn't big for the weight. He had to beat some styles which he didn't match up well against (Heskett), nor had seen before, and seems to have an endless series of moves and counters. He can score with this stuff, or settle into a stalement if need be. He is technical like Dave Schultz was.... he has soooo much technique that occasionally he picks the wrong move and it bites him, but he also has the ability to do so many "where the heck did that come from" moves.
    I am 49, bald, ugly, and don't own a single cool thing. Kids like me though.

Olympic Champ

Anyone that thinks Ketoev wasn't the best wrestler technically and otherwise of the whole tourney has to be kidding himself. Ketoev is the only guy that is as good on the feet as on the mat.

Olympic Champ

Here are Ketoev's overall scores for every match:

10:3
    5:1
    8:2
    8:0
    6:1
    3:0

Ketoev outscored his opponents 40:7. How much more technical can you get?

I'd take Murtzaliev. I'd give Ketoev the most dominating/OW award but technical award to Murtzaliev.

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post

AGREED

I teach that move to our older kids. It really catches people off guard. Not something you can use all the time but effective.
    Oregon Wrestling Forum www.theowf.net/the_owf

Don't you know who I am? I'm the JUGGERNAUT BIATCH!!

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post

You know scores don't really determine technicality.