Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who would you nominate as the 'Outstanding Technician' of the Tournament?

Olympic Champ

Default Re: Who would you nominate as the 'Outstanding Technician' of the Tournament?

Usually you can score a lot of points by either wearing your opponent out or by having great technique. I don't see Ketoev wearing anybody out.

Default Re: Who would you nominate as the 'Outstanding Technician' of the Tournament?

Quote Originally Posted by Yazdani View Post
    You know scores don't really determine technicality.
    i just think his technique with the underhook is second to none

Herbert DEC Askren 5-4

That last move is actually fairly high risk and not that great of a move. The Ukranian should have been looking to pop his hips and duck Batirov the second he started stepping with that foot.
    I wish I could kick Matt Dragon in the balls. In his Dragonballz.

Its one of those moves that you can catch people off guard with, like a lot of other moves. Its all about knowing when to do it and when not to. Comes with wrestling all the times.
    Oregon Wrestling Forum www.theowf.net/the_owf

Don't you know who I am? I'm the JUGGERNAUT BIATCH!!

Quote Originally Posted by Gripsnhips View Post
    That last move is actually fairly high risk and not that great of a move. The Ukranian should have been looking to pop his hips and duck Batirov the second he started stepping with that foot.

wrong, my friend. you cant 'pop' your hips in, when your oppoent's hands are locked, he's out to the side, AND, most importantly, he has his head burried on your gut.

it's the same reason why the ukranian couldn't drag out of it when batirov held on to it for about 15 seconds, at the end of the match.

look at his other matches and see what happens when people really fight against it. he simply lets it go and snatches the single leg.

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    Usually you can score a lot of points by either wearing your opponent out or by having great technique. I don't see Ketoev wearing anybody out.
    I see Ketoev more as dominate than technical. Not to say he isn't technical but not the extent of Murtzaliev IMO. You can be really good at a few things and still be dominate.

Herbert DEC Askren 5-4

Quote Originally Posted by COL66 View Post
    wrong, my friend. you cant 'pop' your hips in, when your oppoent's hands are locked, he's out to the side, AND, most importantly, he has his head burried on your gut.

it's the same reason why the ukranian couldn't drag out of it when batirov held on to it for about 15 seconds, at the end of the match.

look at his other matches and see what happens when people really fight against it. he simply lets it go and snatches the single leg.
    are you out of your mind? he could duck to a bodylock piece of cake (ok ...not a piece of cake...but its there). Hands locked would only make him easier to load.

you have to lower your level.......i've done it plenty of times.....

and when people fight against it....youa re correct. the right move is to snatch the single......but I can DEFINITELY avoid the 3 point roll...atleast I'd have a chance to fight from a single leg.

Not to go through semantics here....but everytime you let someones head out to one side on a front headlock...you leave open an opportunity (even if you're gaining an advantage yourself).

I do agree with Wrastler though....it is a move where you ahve to pick and choose your times to use it.
    I wish I could kick Matt Dragon in the balls. In his Dragonballz.

I think that move and the snatch single could both be avoided by staying squared up to him and not letting him bury his head on your gut.
    Curtis Chenoweth
    wannabe national champ headed to a new home:walkman:

Quote Originally Posted by The Big Stiffy View Post
    I think that move and the snatch single could both be avoided by staying squared up to him and not letting him bury his head on your gut.
    you are correct, my friend. but once that head gets in, and he gets the angle, it's buenas noches.