Peter Hicks v. Jordan Holm

96 KG
    Rob Smith v. RC Johnson
    Justin Ruiz v. Zac Nielsen

120 KG
    Dremiel Byers v. Steve Andrus
    Brandon Rupp v. Tim Taylor
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Default Re: U. S. Open SEEDS

Brackets for tomorrow are out as well...No Paulson so Schlatter and Morningstar are the top 2 seeds at 74 kilos.

Schlatter with Gregor Gillespie in the first round, then a Burroughs match waiting in the semi's.

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

Mango/Triggas should be one to watch for tomorrow. Both big throwers.

I wonder why Trent Paulson isn't wrestling. My understanding is Travis is injured?

Regarding Cejudo, I would guess he's trying to cut down because 55 is signifiantly weaker, both nationally and internationally, than 60 kg.

oops
    Last edited by quinn14; 04-09-2011 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Brackets for tomorrow are out as well...No Paulson so Schlatter and Morningstar are the top 2 seeds at 74 kilos.

Schlatter with Gregor Gillespie in the first round, then a Burroughs match waiting in the semi's.
    I know they're both old, but I think White and Rodgers will be tough opponents for Schlatter and Burroughs. Both have a pretty good history, and met in the finals of the Hargobind this year, so they've still got it.

Default Re: U. S. Open Seeds

seems training in Russia didn't work out too well....Schlatter loses to White and defaults out mighty Metcalf goes down to Ware who has only been freestyling for a short time after switch from Greco GREAT TOURNEY

Not to mention world teamer Obe Blanc losing to Frank Perrelli

Got caught up watching soccer this morning and forgot these were even going down...kind of frustrated.

Freestyle Semi's

55 KG
    Frank Perrelli v. Troy Nickerson
    Sam Hazewinkel v. Nick Simmons

60 KG
    Shawn Bunch v. Coleman Scott
    Reece Humphrey v. Mike Zadick

66 KG
    Teyon Ware v. Kyle Ruschell
    Cary Kolat v. Josh Churella

74 KG
    Kirk White v. Jordan Burroughs
    Nick Marable v. Ryan Morningstar

84 KG
    Jake Herbert v. Bryce Hasseman
    Max Askren v. Keith Gavin

96 KG
    Jake Varner v. Jack Jensen
    David Zabriskie v. Dan Erekson

120 KG
    Les Sigman v. Steve Mocco
    Aaron Anspach v. Tervel Dlagnev

Nickerson to the finals as he beats Perrelli 3-0/1-1/1-0

Got a counter throw for 3 late in the first period then won the ball draw and finished the TD to take the third period. Perrelli forced a 3rd with a late TD in the second period.