Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Cael Sanderson Entered for Brockport Northeast Regionals

Default Re: Cael Sanderson Entered for Brockport Northeast Regionals

Quote Originally Posted by zzyzx View Post
    You guys are too funny with the videos posted.

They are not of real matches - they are Cael doing a takedown clinic, right?
    Kinda makes sense, I doubt he's done much Freestyle training in the past few months, and it's not like there were any ranked guys in the bracket. Why not just roll through using his go-to move from college?

I assume this is the end of his run though. Even if he wanted to go for it I can't see him putting Varner in the position to have to beat his mentor. Plus to be honest I'm not sure if he'd beat Varner currently.

Quote Originally Posted by thoguh View Post
    I assume this is the end of his run though. Even if he wanted to go for it I can't see him putting Varner in the position to have to beat his mentor. Plus to be honest I'm not sure if he'd beat Varner currently.
    He'd beat Varner, especially if he were training for himself. Not even close.

Now, will Cael take it to the next level?

If so, will he stay at the bulked up weight or work back to 184?

Is there anyone at either weigh who will beat him? Even among his own wrestlers?

In the US... I doubt it. Herbert and Bergman have a shot, but if he's even close to as good as he was in 2004 I don't think they will beat him.

Internationally, a lot of great wrestlers would have a shot. Sanderson had several losses when he won the Olympics, but he was the best guy on the most important day.

Someone posted over on USAWrestlingNation forums the results of a round-robin between Cael, Varner and Sigman. Very interesting! http://www.usawrestlingnation.com/ph...&t=8064#p99809

Here are the results which apparently occurred a few days before Brockport...

Varner v Sanderson
    Match #1
    Sanderson dec Varner 1-1, 0-1, 2-0 Sanderson had three takedowns. Varner had two pushouts.
    Match #2
    Sanderson dec Varner 2-0, 1-1 Sanderson again with three takedowns. Varner had one pushout.

Sanderson v Sigman
    Match #1
    Sanderson dec Sigman 2-0, 2-0 Sanderson impressive with 4 takedowns.
    Match #2
    Sanderson dec Sigman 1-0, 1-0 Sanderson takedown. Sanderson ankle pick into pushout.

Varner v Sigman
    Match #1
    Sigman dec Varner 1-0, 1-0 Sigman ball grab. Sigman pushout.
    Match #2
    Varner dec Sigman 3-0, 1-0 Varner blast double 3 pt exposure. Varner ball grab takedown.