Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: European Championship 2011

Default Re: European Championship 2011

Yes I know, thus my saying not sure where you got your spellings from rather than entries. For example, I've never seen Tsargush spelled Cargush..?

Quote Originally Posted by kr1963 View Post
    Bert
    Wieso ist es um 13:00 uhr anfangen UND am Mittwoch? Mittwoch?? Wer darf um Mittwoch gehen? Es macht keinen Sinn. Aber Genie?en Sie!
    kr1963
    Mittwoch means Wednesday!

At Wednesday a good friend of me and wrestler of my team Jouni Rosenlof (Finland) had to wrestle!

Russia should send gadisov he needs more big international experiance he has wrestled world cup and world champs, he is the future at 84 for russia very talented great style. Seems like gatsalov is back as he is russia's reserve after akhmedov. I think gazyumov will be too strong for akhmedov.

Quote Originally Posted by bert kops View Post
    kr1963
    Mittwoch means Wednesday!

At Wednesday a good friend of me and wrestler of my team Jouni Rosenlof (Finland) had to wrestle!
    I know that it means Wednesday. I lived in Austria for 2 years. I was just surprised that they would have this in the middle of the week! Who can go to a wrestling tournament at 13:00 on a Wednesday...?? Glad you are going!

Well, I believe its not a big deal. Just a spelling mistake.

Gasanov is the Russian way of spelling used in all post-soviet states and sometimes influencing international spelling of names of persons from these countires. Even the Azeris, though they write the name with H in their own langauge, follow the soviet model and spell it with G when transliterating it in other languages; the only exception being the name written on the singlet - it's Hasanov.

The same with the 60-kg Azeri guy Zelimhan, whose name is sometimes spelled Guseinov, sometimes Huseinov.
    Last edited by akzent; 03-26-2011 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by James Brown View Post
    Well, I believe its not a big deal. Just a spelling mistake.
    Yeah I agree. Wasn't trying to be a jerk, I only pointed it out to clarify to JensenS that you had in fact listed Hasanov.

Interesting stuff Akzent. Do you know anything about Batsaev the Russian entered at 96kg?

in fila database - baitsaev (pronounced as english by/bye/buy)
    http://www.iat.uni-leipzig.de/datenb...537508DED3A621

but if you want to watch any matches on youtube, you must search for baytsaev there. there are some from dave schultz and yarygin.
    Last edited by akzent; 03-26-2011 at 04:01 PM.