Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: can we now assume the Saitievs are out?

Default can we now assume the Saitievs are out?

since the russians are known for selecting their national team members based on international success, is it likely they will force the saitievs into retirement?

(since both of their succesors won the worlds)

....i would love to see b. saitiev get one more.

Default Re: can we now assume the Saitievs are out?

I wouldn't count on them being retired. I think both are commited through the 08' Olympics. Whether or not they make it is another story.

Olympic Champ

Quote Originally Posted by Yazdani View Post
    I wouldn't count on them being retired. I think both are commited through the 08' Olympics. Whether or not they make it is another story.
    Even if Russian coaches don't take them next year to Olympics they will not be forced to retire and the final say will not be given. This is because Russian coaches want them to challenge the newcomers to keep them sharp, on their toes, and not satisfied.

is there any chance they will be sent to the olympics without them winning nationals decisively? even that may not be enough.

I Do Not Believe B.saitiev Will Be Beat At Next Years Nationals. Remember He Was Injured And Almost Won. And If Adam Can Beat Sajidov He Can Beat Ketoev, Without Much Of A Problem Imo.

Doesn't Sajidov have Adam's number though, not the other way around? Never the less, either one will have a hard time getting the spot back with Ketoev rampaging around.

Ketoev must be stopped!

Maybe he's like Samson? Cut all his hair off, and maybe he won't be powerful anymore.

We'll be cutting until the Olympics!