Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Rulon Gardner - The Biggest Loser

Default Rulon Gardner - The Biggest Loser

Is apparently going to be on the show the Biggest Loser. Looks like he got up around 500 lbs. I knew he got big, but not that big.

Default Re: Rulon Gardner

474. They'll keep him on the show since he's a celebrity.

He'll lose tonnes. All overweight people would if they just did cardio all day (most people have to work and not be on a show) and ate very very light like these contestants do.

I can't find any pictures of him right now. Anyone find one? When does the show start?

I saw him on the commercials for the show.. hes a beast. I'll be interested to see if he complains while being pushed like everyone else does.

If he has enough time I think he could get back down to fighting weight... what's the most weight ever lost on the show?

Default Re: Rulon Gardner - The Biggest Loser

I usually don't watch these shows but with him on it I was interested and watched the first episode. He won the first "challenge" (I would hope so) and at the end of the show (I think after a week went by) he was down to around 440. You would think that with his background he could get his weight way way down easier than any other contestant, but he is naturally a very big guy so 200-250 lbs loss would probably be ideal for him. I was wondering how his strength is at this point in his life.

Didn't he lose toes in his snowmobile accident? His coordination still seems pretty good, despite that, if it is the case.

Saw some wedding photos, he's actually got a pretty smokin' wife.

I watched it, too, just because he was on it. I didn't realize that they kicked people off the show. I just thought they all stayed on to see how much weight they could lose. But, yeah, he actually still looked pretty mobile for his size and with his mental toughness, I don't see anyone beating him. Except maybe that Tongan dude who lost 41lbs. the first week.

He did lose a couple of toes due to frostbite when he got lost on his snowmobile. I'm not sure which ones they were, but he doesn't look like it has hurt him much. I read his autobiography a few months ago and I would recommend it to anyone who likes wrestling. It explains, in detail, the whole snowmobile thing.

I thought he won his Olympic Bronze after he lost his toes.

Quote Originally Posted by ODH View Post
    I thought he won his Olympic Bronze after he lost his toes.
    Yeah, I guess his snowmobiling ordeal was in 2002, so that would be right. Man, this guy is either very unlucky or very lucky, or both, not sure of which. He should have his own survival show where they just follow him around and wait for the $hit to hit the fan, and watch him get out of it.