Thread: Can somebody translate this russian text?

Default Can somebody translate this russian text?

I found this text from a russian wrestling forum, it's from Yuri Patrikeev's interview:

Лопес не проигрывает уже четыре года. Он непобедим?
    - Лопес ? здоровенная машина. Очень силен физически и хорошо подготовлен функционально. Выдержать его натиск в стойке дико тяжело, большинство борцов готово уползти с ковра уже после первой минуты схватки. Он без рук забирается на канат пять раз при его-то массе, а я ? только два. Огромная физическая сила компенсирует Лопесу недостаток техники и сильных спарринг-партнеров.

- Разницу в силе между вами возможно компенсировать?
    - Я два месяца сидел в горах, на базе в Цахкадзоре, а затем пахал на ковре в Краснодаре. Никогда еще не был в такой хорошей готовности. Например, Сан Саныч Карелин в свое время рвал штангу 125 кг, а я сейчас делаю ? все 140 кг. Прибавил во всех силовых компонентах, но как видите, этого пока недостаточно.

Thank you.

Default Re: Can somebody translate this russian text?

Google translate gives this:

"Lopez does not play for four years. He is invincible?
    - Lopez - a hefty machine. Very strong physically and functionally well-prepared. Withstand his onslaught in the rack wildly hard, most of the fighters is ready to crawl away from the carpet after the first minute of the bout. He has no hands gets on the rope five times in the man's weight, and I - only two. Enormous physical strength compensates for the lack of equipment and Lopez strong sparring partners.

- The difference in effect between you possibly compensate?
    - I spent two months sitting in the mountains, based in Tsakhkadzor, then plowed on the carpet in Krasnodar. It has never been in such good preparedness. For example, San Sanych Karelin once tore stem 125 kg and I'm doing now - all of 140 kg. Added in all the power components, but as you can see, this is still not enough."

I am interested to know how those "he has no hands gets on the rope five times in the man's weight, and I - only two" and "For example, San Sanych Karelin once tore stem 125 kg and I'm doing now - all of 140 kg" parts translate since it would be cool to know something about their strength levels...

The google translation is funy.
    "Enormous physical strength compensates for the lack of equipment and Lopez strong sparring partners."
    Patrikeev said lack of technique, not of equipment.

The first comparison Patrikeev-Lopez - rope climing. But I am not sure which method is he talking about. I think this is the "one arm" rope climbing without using the legs: when one extends the arm completly, grabs the rope and pulls himself up; then the same with the other arm. Patrikeev says, he can make only 2 moves up, whereas Lopes can make 5.

The other comparison: Karelin used to lift a 125-kg barbell, whereas he (Patrikeev) lifts a 140-kg one.

Thank you very much akzent!