Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Who are the 3 best wrestlers in the world in freestyle and greco?

Default Who are the 3 best wrestlers in the world in freestyle and greco?

New to the sport, but was wondering who are the 3 best in each style?

Default Re: Who are the 3 best wrestlers in the world in freestyle and greco?

All you'll get are opinions, but here's mine:
    Freestyle in this thread http://www.thewrestlingtalk.com/free...wrestlers.html
    Greco: Lopez (120 kg Cuba), Sourian (55 kg) and either Aliyev (Azerbayjan) or Albiev (Russia) at 60 kg.

Awesome, thanks for that.

You may be shocked to hear this, but in freestyle the top wrestlers are all Russian. /sarcasm
    And after his world championship India's Sushil Kumar (and perhaps Ukraine's Fedoryshyn) may be the only non-Russians within or near the top 10 pound-for-pound. This is because wrestlers like Gazyumov from Azerbaijan and Taymazov from Uzbekistan are Ossetian originally.

sourian is the best wrestler in the world right now, any style. for greco, it would probably be sourian, lopez, and mankiev.

Sourian I understand, but you think Mankiev is better than Albiev?

As far as skill wise, I beleive that Mankiev is superior to Albiev. Results are a different thing altogether, which is why I also included Lopez. I think there are 100's of wrestlers who have more skill than Lopez, but at the 120kg weight class you have a different set of skills, and he has the best of that class in the world, plus the best results besides Sourian.

Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    All you'll get are opinions, but here's mine:
    Freestyle in this thread http://www.thewrestlingtalk.com/free...wrestlers.html
    Greco: Lopez (120 kg Cuba), Sourian (55 kg) and either Aliyev (Azerbayjan) or Albiev (Russia) at 60 kg.
    Agreed on Greco and I'd give the nod to Albiev for the third spot.

Freestyle I'd go with Kudukhov, and Gaszyumov like you did and then I'd probably bump Tsargush up into the third spot.

After his preformance (and lack of stalling) at this year's worlds, Tsargush is definitely a viable candidate. I guess my question is- what are the best guys he has beaten head-to-head? I've seen video of him wrestling Aldatov, Murtazaliev and Saitiev but he's always lost.