Thread: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Kolat beats Lawrence

Olympic Champ

Default AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Kolat beats Lawrence

1:0 0:1 3:2

Wow! Cheers to one of the "old" guys!

Carry on, Cary!

Mark

He's certainly run the gauntlet against some tough competition. Johnston, Metcalf, Schwab, Lawrence, and now he gets a chance to avenge his loss against Espo.

Espo wins by injury default

Anyone have any idea as to how long Kolat has been training? This really changes the landscape at 66 kg. Given how well he did here, he appears to have a very legitimate chance of beating everyone at the weight.

Olympic Champ

This is the story with Kolat from my understanding: One day a few months ago he got up in the morning and decided he wanted to come back and wrestle at Nationals again. I am assuming around the time Kendall Cross went to Russia and won that dual meet.

The reason I think so is because NOBODY knew Kolat was going to wrestle until he signed up online. Kevin Jacksin stated in the interview it was a complete surprise for him. Compare this to Kendall Cross going over to OTC and training for like 6 months before competing, and we all knew about it.

More evidence: Kolat wasn't seeded. He is a past World medalist. You would assume they would seed him top 8 just for that IF they knew in advance he was serious in his comeback.