Thread: Arm-Spin's Freestyle Awards

Default Arm-Spin's Freestyle Awards

Again, with the disclaimer that I haven't watched all the matches.

Oustanding Wrestler: Besik Kudukhov. He had the trifecta of awesome; a 5 pt throw in the quarters, a dominant pin over a former world champ in the semis, and a highlight reel finish from a defensive clinch against a multiple world medallist in the finals. This guy is the man.

Most impressive non-winner: Hassan Asgarov. The guy's 17, he won the silver medal, and he scored a ton of points. Wow.

Golden Pylon award (most boring): With Tsargush suddenly finding his offense against an easy draw and other stall-masters losing, this one goes to Lebedev by default. Lots of clinches and 1-0 periods, but even Lebedev was a lot more watchable than some of the guys last year.

Wrestler of the year: Khetag Gayzumov. World champ, European champ, Grand Prix champ (did he win World cup too?) beat Gogchelidze 2x I think this year and Gatsalov for the title. Beat up a lot of guys in a really tough weight division.

Overall a very exciting tournament to watch from my computer. Thoughts?

Default Re: Arm-Spin's Freestyle Awards

yes kudukhov is amazing, every year i dont know why but i put my chips on fedorishon, well not anymore, i thought last years win over him was a fluke but not anymore!

I did worse, 5pt. I stated the only reason Fedoryshin hasn't won worlds is because he has no luck in the clinch. Now he wins the clinch and still loses~

Have you posted the links to Kudukhov's bouts in the Good Matches thread?
    Quote Originally Posted by Flop The Nuts View Post
    [D]on't let lack of knowledge impact your ability to post as if you are knowledgeable.

Yes. However, FILAwebtv isn't working right now. You can wait until they fix it or look on flowrestling.

Edit, works now. I have 1/4, 1/2 and final matches up.
    Last edited by arm-spin; 09-13-2010 at 08:48 AM.

who did kudukhov 5?

Not sure, but it's in the quarter finals off a double leg takedown.