Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2010 Moscow World Wrestling Championships: Greco 74 KG & Women's 48/51 KG Discussion

Default Re: 2010 Moscow World Wrestling Championships: Greco 74 KG & Women's 48/51 KG Discussion

48 kg women
    The announcers keep calling it "84 kg"

China wins the first bronze, I didn't watch the match.

Match 2, Canada vs Poland. Go Carol!
    Period 1- both wrestlers feeling each other out. Not much action. Carol takes a shot, Poland sprawls and cradles her to her back. Carol gets to her stomach but loses the period.
    Period 2- Carol in deep on a single leg, takes her down after a bit of a struggle. Carol with a leg lace, takes Poland right across her back, I thought it was a fall but the referees don't. Canada wins period.
    Period 3- neither wrestler doing much. Carol with a few half-shots. Going down to the clinch. Carol gets the leg, doubles up right away, drives Poland to her but and exposes her back. Canada wins the bronze medal.

gold medal final, Japan vs Russia
    period 1- Japan with a snap down go behind. Russia clinging on to a wrist, the referee keeps smacking her trying to get her to let go. she doesn't but they give the point to Japan anyway. Russia in on a leg, Japan somehow funks out. Russia drives forward and pancakes Japan to her back! Russa with the 2-1 win at the buzzer to the cheers of the crowd.
    period 2- Russia tries a knee pick but Japan steps out and gets behind for 1 pt. Japan in on the legs, Russia whizzering, no points scored. Russia with a front head lock, trying hard to score by snapping down. Japan fights it off. I guess that's the benefit of being a hometown wrestler, it seems like they let he have that headlock for half the period. Japan wins.
    period 3- Japan misses a single, shoots a double, slowly works Russia onto her back. Russia gets off and Japan turks her over again, they go out of bounds. Russia grabs a front head lock and tries a throw, Japan catches her on her back. Russia fights off but it's a tech-fall for the period and a world title for Japan. Great match, good technique and lots of action.
    Last edited by arm-spin; 09-08-2010 at 11:52 AM.

Default Re: 2010 Moscow World Wrestling Championships: Greco 74 KG & Women's 48/51 KG Discussion

Kohut pulls the big upset over Horiuchi in the 51 kilo final.

Final Greco Team Scores
    1. Russia: 46
    2. Turkey: 32
    3t. Azerbaijan: 26
    3t. Armenia: 26
    5t Cuba: 24
    5t Bulgaria: 24
    5t. Kazakhstan: 24

US finishes tied for 13th.

Saori Yoshida looks more dominant everytime she shows up. Gold medal, five matches won, and an overall score of 45-0. Simply outstanding

... sorry, wrong thread I'm afraid

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Kohut pulls the big upset over Horiuchi in the 51 kilo final.

Final Greco Team Scores
    1. Russia: 46
    2. Turkey: 32
    3t. Azerbaijan: 26
    3t. Armenia: 26
    5t Cuba: 24
    5t Bulgaria: 24
    5t. Kazakhstan: 24

US finishes tied for 13th.
    Azerbaijan got the 3rd place because they have a gold medal and Armenia hasn't !

Iran finished 8th even with 2 gold medals !! this guy Mohammadi is truly an idiot ! he had a VERY good draw but lost to a Lithuanian ! I hope we never see him in national team anymore, he is a disaster, he can beat anyone in local tournaments but everyone can beat him in international tournaments !

Finally, the last day of Greco-Roman wrestling of the 2010 World Wrestling Championships with just one weight class left with being 74KG. This day was a pretty good and decent day for Russia. Being the last Greco-Roman weight class of the tournament to wrestle on one day, Imil Sharafetdinov takes the bronze medal for Russia on the last day and the last medal for the Russian Greco-Roman 2010 World Team. I have certainly heard of this young man before, but never really paid attention. His emi-finals match was a tough one, but he came back strong and won bronze. I will now pay much closer attention to this young wrestler fo he looks like a great future for the Russian Greco-Roman team. Congrats to him!

And of course, nothing else is complete without having won the overall Greco-Roman Team Title. Congratulations to the 2010 Russian Greco-Roman World Championships Team for winning the overall team title in the 2010 World Wrestling Championships in Greco-Roman Wrestling. Cogratulations wrestlers!! You guys performed very well and did a great job. We have the final score of 46 points. We won 5 medals overall. Ambako Vachadze with gold at 66KG. Nazir Mankiev with bronze at 55KG. Imil Sharaftedinov with bronze at 74KG. Aleksei Mishin with bronze at 84KG. And finally, Aslanbek Khustov with bronze at 96KG.

Even though it wasn't our greatest showing at all with some dissapointment, we still did very well and did a great job. There is much to improve and work on and I guarantee that we will get better and continue again from this day forth to dominate Greco-Roman wrestling as we have always did! So, Congratulations to the 2010 Russian Greco-Roman World Championship Team for having won the Team Title at the 2010 World Wrestling Championships in Greco-Roman Wrestling!!! Congratulations!!!

(Now it is time to take and dominate Freestyle!!!)
    TRAIN LIKE A MADMAN!