Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Moscow World Wrestling Championships: Greco 60/84/120 KG Discussion

Default 2010 Moscow World Wrestling Championships: Greco 60/84/120 KG Discussion

60 (Still disappointed about Albiev pulling out), 84, and 120 Greco going tomorrow.

Davis has Aripov in the first round, tough draw for him there. Although that may be for the best as with Albiev out you figure Aripov or Aliev (who is on the same side) are going to be the favorites in this bracket.

Mishin and Avluca are on opposite sides in the 84 kilo bracket. Jake Clark is in Avluca's bracket wrestling the Moldova in the first round.

Byers is in an excellent position to make a return trip to the World Finals if he's on his game. He's sitting down in the bottom portion of his bracket while both Baroev and Lopez are top side. He'll wrestle Popov first tomorrow.
    Last edited by JensenS; 09-06-2010 at 09:14 PM.

Default Re: 2010 Moscow World Wrestling Championships: Greco 60/84/120 KG Discussion

Interested to see Baroev vs Lopez... Lopez is the favorite, but in additon to that questionable WC final a few years back I think Baroev has beaten him another time.

Sucks about Albiev. The little I've seen of Aliyev he it really exciting so I hope he takes it.

Isn't Fisher at 74 kg? The way I read the bracks Jake Clark at 84 has Moldova followed by the silver medallist from France. Also an Iran/Israel matchup first round at 84 kg! If Iran forfeits, that creates a nice looking draw for Mishin (at least to my limited knowledge- the names of most of his opponents don't end in 'v'.)

Anyone know why Canada doesn't enter the greco worlds?
    Last edited by arm-spin; 09-06-2010 at 07:19 PM.

Default Re: 2010 Moscow World Wrestling Championships: Greco 60/84/120 KG Discussion

It is Clark, my bad. Mixed up my Jakes.

Davis lost his first to Aripov 2-0/0-2/0-3 but like I said he's got a nice shot at getting pulled into the repechages. Clark won and has the Greek next, Byers also won and he'll wrestle the Belarusian next.

Looking at the brackets all the International guys who will be expected to win have won as well.

Aliev moves on to the quarters. He and Aripov both win their next matches and they'll wrestle in the semi's.

Mishin moves on as well.

Byers coming to the mat

Byers goes to three periods with the Belarusian and gets a clutch lift from the top to win the match 0-1/1-0/1-0

Jake Clark wins the first period 2-0, and he wins the second period 2-0 to move on.

Baroev wins and moves on at heavyweight.

Aripov goes down to the Kazak wrestler thereby eliminating Jeremiah Davis. That opens up that bracket up top for Aliev now.

Jake Clark coming up very soon in his quarterfinal match against Poland.

Aliev and Lopez both advance on at 60 and 120 respectively.