Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 2010 Moscow World Wrestling Championships: Greco 60/84/120 KG Discussion

Default Re: 2010 Moscow World Wrestling Championships: Greco 60/84/120 KG Discussion

Kazak wrestler hits an arm throw against Baroev for three points in the third period to pull off the upset and advance into the semi's against Lopez.

Mishin loses a challenge in the third period that takes away a TD, and then is unable to get the turn in the third period and goes down to the Bulgarian.

Not a good few minutes for Russia.

Default Re: 2010 Moscow World Wrestling Championships: Greco 60/84/120 KG Discussion

Lopez bombs some poor soul for 5 to advance on to the semi's.

Clark goes down in two periods to the Polish wrestler. Couldn't get the turn in the first period then got gutted in the second. Went for a flying squirrel in the final five seconds but just missed it.

I've got to roll out so if anyone is able to keep results going for the rest of the semi's and repechage matches your work would be much appreciated.

Having a hard time watching the video, but from what I'm reading Byers lost to Patrikev in the semis, wrestles for bronze.

60 kg finals: Aliyev (Azerbayjan) vs Matsumoto (Japan)
    84 kg: Bulgaria vs Cuba, I don't know either of the guys. Avluca and Mishine in the Repechage
    120: Lopez (Cuba) vs Patreekev (Armenia)

Going to be a wide open team race as well, only one medal chance for Russia and none (I think) for Iran today.

Is there any way to figure out who will be wrestling on which mat? I can't seem to have more than one live feed open at once.

You can probably open multiple feeds if you use multiple browsers

Don't know who won the first bronze medal at 60 kilos, but Jung from Korea takes the second bronze.

Aliev and Matsumoto are scoreless in the first period in the finals.

Aliev wins it in three periods over Matsumoto.

Should be a nice little three way rivalry next year between him Aripov and Albiev (if he cuts to 60 kilos again).

Matches are on mat B so I'll do at least some play by play.

60 kg Bulgaria vs Kazakstan
    1st period- no scoring from feet. Bulgaria starts on top, turns with gut-wrench. Kazakstan gets up, tries arm throw, but misses. Bulgaria wins.
    2nd period- Kazakstan head lock throw to fall. Kazakstan wins first bronze.

60 kg Georgia vs Korea
    1st period- nothing standing. Georgia on top, can't score. Korea wins period.
    2nd period- nothing standing. Korea lifts and throws for 3 from ground. Korea wins bronze.

60 kg finals: Azerbayjan vs Japan. Go Aliyev!
    1st period- nothing standing again. Alieyev on top, has a tight gut wrench but can't turn Japan. Japan wins period.
    2nd period- Aliyev on bottom. Japan tries to lift, can't. Aliyev wins period, goes to third with no offensive points scored.
    3rd period- Aliyev spin-behind take down after scramble. Japan almost scores a pushout. Aliyev starts on top, Japan escapes but cant' score. Aliyev wins 1-0 and is the new world champion... giving me another correct prediction (but as Jason Bryant points out, everyone else called it too.)

84 kg, where the big names are wrestling for bronze this year. I don't know anything about the finalists, except Cuba got bronze last year.

LOL at Jason Bryant, "hang tight, Azerbayjan has a really long national anthem."

84 kg Russia vs Poland
    1st period- Poland more agressive, but no score. Mishine on top, scores with an akward looking gut wrench. Mishine wins the period.
    2nd period- no score standing, Poland on top, can't score. Mishine wins bronze to the cheers of the crowd.

84 kg Turkey vs Croatia
    1st period- frick people try scoring on your feet for a change! .I don't think Avluca has ever scored a takedown in his life My video is choppy but I gather Avluca was on top and didn't score, Crotia wins period one.
    2nd period. Croatia on top, slick gutwrench turn, Croatia wins. His celebration is much more exciting than the match, he does the worm and starts punching the mat!

84 kg finals, Bulgaria vs Cuba.
    1st period- no scoring. Bulgaria starts on top, trying to cheat on the start. He scores on the gut wrench and wins the first period.
    2nd period- no friggin' video. Based on Jason Bryant's audio, Bulgaria shut Cuba down for the win.

Don't know what's stranger, Bulgaria's win or the fact that every single match at this weight ended with a gut wrench in one period and a sucessful defense in the other. Here's hoping the big guys are more exciting.
    Last edited by arm-spin; 09-07-2010 at 11:29 AM.