Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2010 Moscow World Wrestling Championships: Greco Roman 55/66/96 KG Discussion

Default 2010 Moscow World Wrestling Championships: Greco Roman 55/66/96 KG Discussion

Wrestling finally gets going tomorrow with the first three Greco weights. Schedule for the entire week is available at the link below.

http://www.thewrestlingtalk.com/free...iscussion.html

Wrestling will start at 1 pm Moscow time which correlates to 5 am Eastern. Audio coverage should be available (I'm assuming) through both TheMat.com and FloWrestling. I don't know if the video service for the finals will be available like last year.
    Last edited by Schlottke; 09-06-2010 at 10:19 AM.

Default Re: 2010 Moscow World Wrestling Championships: Greco Roman 55/66/96 KG Discussion

mMango spencer-Nazyr Mankiev

Default Re: 2010 Moscow World Wrestling Championships: Greco Roman 55/66/96 KG Discussion

55: Sourian has a good draw , he has only Amoyan in his side ! the rest of the favorites are in the top half of the bracket.
    66: Abdevali has Lorincz in the second round, Asian Champion Kim in the third round and Vakhadze, Tskhadaia or Rahimov in semifinal
    96: AliAkbari has Abdelfatah in the second and most probably Khushtov in the semifinal

these 3 are the main hopes of Iran for the gold this year

I am really hoping that Tskhadaia would win the gold tomorrow since he was so close last year against Mansurov. He's also a very exciting wrester.
    I am very excited to see Abdelfatah's comeback!

Quote Originally Posted by wrestlingold View Post
    mMango spencer-Nazyr Mankiev
    Looks like a brutal draw for Mango. If he loses to Mankiev, there's a chance he could score some important points in repechage should the Russian make the finals.

I hardly know anything about Greco, how do the draws look for Faruk Sahin and Justin Ruiz? I noticed that if Sahin advances to the quarters he will have the French wrestler who is quite accomplished.

Definitely a tough draw for Spenser.

I get the Mankiev's mixed up. Is this the Olympic champ, or his brother that wrestled last year?

Either way, you've got to have Soryan as the heavy favorite (and probably the best Greco guy overall with Albiev out) in that bracket.

Quote Originally Posted by JensenS View Post
    Definitely a tough draw for Spenser.

I get the Mankiev's mixed up. Is this the Olympic champ, or his brother that wrestled last year?

Either way, you've got to have Soryan as the heavy favorite (and probably the best Greco guy overall with Albiev out) in that bracket.
    According to the FILA website, Nazir Mankiev is the older brother and Olympic champ. Bekhan Mankiev competed at World Championships last year. I noticed that the elder Mankiev lost in European finals pretty handily (3-0,3-0) to Aliev from Azerbaijan who is also in upper bracket. That's not good news for Spencer, but hopefully he can pull some upsets.

Quote Originally Posted by jimbo View Post
    96: AliAkbari has Abdelfatah in the second and most probably Khushtov in the semifinal
    Even "most probably" sounds optimistic
    At Baku, Ghorbani beat both Khushtov & Abdelfatah, but I am not sure Akbari can do this.