Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: every day running good or not good

Default every day running good or not good

i am a indian grecoroman wrestler my question my coach says u do running evyer day is it rite? and plese give me a workout routine of workout parctice help me

Default Re: every day running good or not good

You can run everyday, but it's not wise to run long distances every day. For example I run one 4 mile session once a week, then I do intervals twice a week. But I do run almost everyday for warm up, but my warm up run is only 20 minutes long.

In my opinion, after wrestling training running is the best workout. It builds your condition to the level where you can train hard and it doesen't tire your body down.

As for workout routine, ask your coach opinion. But in my opinion, you should do for example wrestling for 4-5 times per week, then 3-4 running sessions and 2-3 strength sessions per week.

ashish-bhai
    Running everyday long distance and shorttrack is not good.
    It takes 48 hours to heal all muscular damage that has been caused due to training.
    Thus 48 hours for legs after running.
    I would suggest you to do short but explosive running 2 or 3 times a week.
    Why run every day and get stuck in the same energypattern?
    you should mix your schedule up.

I would do swimming weights and running but all very short.

But than the above might not be even good for you
    try to see what your body likes

For instance, myself, i only do pull ups dips squats and benchpress for 30 to 40 minuts when doing weights.
    i love it because im not sore the day after for wrestling practise but i do become very strong.
    for running i do low pace running log distance for about 1 hour 1 hour 15 minutes once a week
    and twice a week ill do sprinting just in the streets.
    i sprint between two streetlights and also rest between two streetlights and sprint again for about 20 minuts than ill just run it out for 10 minuts high pace.

I have learned one thing, do what you feel is good for your body and doesnt tear it apart

good luck

Quote Originally Posted by henry View Post
    ashish-bhai
    Running everyday long distance and shorttrack is not good.
    It takes 48 hours to heal all muscular damage that has been caused due to training.
    Thus 48 hours for legs after running.
    I would suggest you to do short but explosive running 2 or 3 times a week.
    Why run every day and get stuck in the same energypattern?
    you should mix your schedule up.

I would do swimming weights and running but all very short.

But than the above might not be even good for you
    try to see what your body likes

For instance, myself, i only do pull ups dips squats and benchpress for 30 to 40 minuts when doing weights.
    i love it because im not sore the day after for wrestling practise but i do become very strong.
    for running i do low pace running log distance for about 1 hour 1 hour 15 minutes once a week
    and twice a week ill do sprinting just in the streets.
    i sprint between two streetlights and also rest between two streetlights and sprint again for about 20 minuts than ill just run it out for 10 minuts high pace.

I have learned one thing, do what you feel is good for your body and doesnt tear it apart

good luck
    Henry, where do you practice?

Quote Originally Posted by ashish View Post
    i am a indian grecoroman wrestler my question my coach says u do running evyer day is it rite? and plese give me a workout routine of workout parctice help me
    I suggest plyometrics on the days you're not running.

What pind ashish im from punjab
    and I trained with a greco guy when he was here 96 kg- Anil

i suggets cardio machines some days as well, you get a good blow but it's less damaging on the joints. another thing i used to do was jump and even run around in circles on a trampouline. we used to wrestle on it too everyday all summer. that really helped if you had any knee or ankle problems.
    but then again, i may be retarded

^^^You can use running for cardio-vascular conditioning, which is necessary for wrestling. Let's say you are on a 12-week program, aiming to peak the last two weeks of that period. You can use 30 minute low-impact (wear proper training flats and try to run paths in the woods, etc, where you have uneven footfall, so your ankes strengthen and don't sprain easily. Do NOT run more than 30 min per day, or your fast-twitch muscle fiber will start acting a bit like slow-twitch, and lessen your explosiveness a bit.

After 6 weeks of using 30 minute running sessions as a supplement to your wrestling workouts, stop the 30 minute runs and do about 3 weeks of interval running. For example go to a 400-meter track and run pretty hard for 200 meters, then walk/jog 200 and run hard 200, then walk/jog 200 - do about 6 laps of interval work.

The tenth week, do flat-out uphill sprint-your-rearend off drills. Do 10 of these uphill sprints for sharpening. Then you would be about at the top of your conditioning program, using the running as the supplement. The final two weeks when you are in peak condition, you might need to make sure your rested, carbo-loaded, etc. for competition.

What I described here, you might find too light. I don't know how hard you train, but do not condition for wrestling by long slow runs, or you might lessen your muscle explosivity. A lot of athletes try various things and FIND OUT WHAT WORKS BEST FOR YOU.

You could run with intervals... Like...
    warm - 5-7minutes (12-14km/h)

5x 15ses sprint/45sec trot
    5x 15sec sprint/30sec trot

15min stable run (12-14km/h)