Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: In what other sport...

Default Re: In what other sport...

In the blitz style tournaments, wearing them definitely can work.
    Wrestling 3 or 4 matches in a few hours demands lots of conditioning.
    However, you can't wear out your first round opponent very easily and if your are not in shape your technique alone is not enough to win, when you can have as little as 15 minutes between matches
    I really like that type of tournament and would love to see one live. I would be more excitiing for the fans.

Definitely agree with Sgallan about playing the edge in Folkstyle, erally slows down the scoring, drages the match and negate alot of technique.

Quote Originally Posted by JudoWrestler View Post

If you wish to have more success I would also suggest you ditch folkstyle or atleast change it to look more like freestyle. I am lost at your comments about how exciting folkstyle is, i find folkstyle unbearable to watch, its boring, hard to follow and the level of technique is inferior.
    I would love to see folkstyle modified to be more like Freestyle. That seemed to be starting 25 years ago when I first started wrestler but never progressed far.

AS far as folkstyle being boring, it is enough more boring when you get to the higher levels and the defenses become too good. At most other levels, matches tend to be much more exciting. IMO, this is very similar in Freestyle as well. Under any rules, only a small perecentage of matches between two high level wrestlers are truly exciting.

I love how all these people hate the rules and act like posting their intense hatred on an internet messageboard will somehow get the rules changed. They want to blame the rules for their lost interest in the sport, because they don't want to learn to adapt to something new. The rules on scoring have only changed with the addition of the push-out. If you can't understand that part, you are lost already.

Jacques Cousteau or whoever the leader of FILA is not perusing American messageboards thinking, damn I should change the rules because a couple anonymous Americans don't like them. You basically have two options with the freestyle and greco...

1. Bitch, whine and cry about it
    2. Learn the rules, adapt to them and use them to your advantage
    I will smash your face into a car windshield and then take your mother, Dorothy Mantooth, out to a nice seafood dinner and never call her again!

Tell me about it, this morning, I woke up and I shit a squirrel, but what I can't get is the damn thing is still alive. So now, I've got a shit covered squirrel running around my office and I don't know what to name it.

If the leaders of USA wrestling feel the same way about the rules as many of the messageboard uses Champ references, there is another option as well: USA wrestling could hold international tournaments (like NYAC and the Schultz) with significant prize money but a different set of rules in order to showcase what they believe to be a better product to the world.

Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    If the leaders of USA wrestling feel the same way about the rules as many of the messageboard uses Champ references, there is another option as well: USA wrestling could hold international tournaments (like NYAC and the Schultz) with significant prize money but a different set of rules in order to showcase what they believe to be a better product to the world.
    a. Great idea!
    b. Don't count on it.