Thread: Congrats to Martine!!

Default Congrats to Martine!!

Canada's Martine Dugrenier wins the worlds again by pinning her opponent in the final. Perhaps there are other Canadians on this site who wish to join me in congratulating her on a job well done. Congrats World Champ!!

Default Re: Congrats to Martine!!

yes congrats to martine, and tonya, and bouchard

speaking of tonya, themat.com has this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sn59_tA8v2Y

I feel bad for Tonya... she's so good but she keeps losing against the same Japanese girl inn the worlds/olympics.

Any word on when or if video from the women's competition will be on the FILA site? I've been waiting to see some of these matches.

Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    I feel bad for Tonya... she's so good but she keeps losing against the same Japanese girl inn the worlds/olympics.
    yeah i remember one year tonya wrestled 2 weights at either the guelph open or canada cup, now tonya competes at 55, but she wrestled 59 and 63, she won 59 but lost in the finals of 63 to a american girl, and it was clinch both rounds with her loosing the coin toss.

A great wrestler and a great person too!

Get job the women's coaching staff has done up in Canada over the last couple cycles.

Agreed. In Canada women's programs train right along side with men's programs, and there is girls wrestling at all levels of competition. I'm sure that helps. That and womens' coach Leigh Vierling is married to Canada's most sucessful female wrestler ever, 6x (I think) world champ Christine Nordhagen-Vierling. That can't hurt.