Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Veteran wrestler died in Finland (Veteran World Championship Greco-Roman)

Default Re: Veteran wrestler died in Finland (Veteran World Championship Greco-Roman)

This sucks. My condolences and prayers to his family.

Default Re: Veteran wrestler died in Finland (Veteran World Championship Greco-Roman)

we love you mike......its really hard to accept that you're gone...we'll surely miss you

love from your family here in the Philippines

My husband and I trained with Mike at the gym and knew him through competitive power lifting as well. He was a super guy and will be greatly missed! My thoughts and prayers go out to his family.

mike cain is my uncle.(moms brother) he has done so much to make me proud of him. he died doing what he loved to do. i wish rosella and mikey all the best. if you know mike cain, you know he is in heaven probably kicking ass up there like he did down here. i love you uncle mike. mark

Coach mike was my wrestling coach in high school the man had a great heart and always got the best out of his kids he will be missed sincerly. he got me started in wrestling and he was more than a coach but a friend to everyone he coached. Be sure to keep his family in your prayers. Coach mike will never be forgotten...

Mike was a huge inspiration to me to get back into the Mixed Martial Arts world after being done for a few years and moving down to florida... mike and i trained very hard together and i won a tournament last year and am currently training to go win the world qualifiers in October in Pheonix AZ and go on to the world grappling championships in his honor. mike and i trained together up until the day he left for finland. we opened a building together just a month ago, and he could not wait to get back from finland so i could start teaching him ju-jitsu and sombo and striking. i intend on keeping the building and competing for him. i am going and making him proud. he had an incredibly large heart and was very happy watching others succeed in the sport that he loved soo much. i love you buddy R.I.P. please any family members that see this contact me at 352-552-4516 with funeral arrangements as i know many people from our gym and group of grapplers would like to be there for him and the family. thank you

We had Coach Mike in Southlake High school when he brought the wrestling program to the school. Coach Mike was one of a kind fiery, passionate, determined and loyal . Everyone was shock when several students went to regional and state competition the first year of the program and won. The loss of this great coach will leave a large void in wrestling. R.I.P. Travis and Brian Allen

we're still waiting Mike"s body to come home in Florida US....is anyone there like to help us in making follow-up in Finland for Mike"s body to be home as soon as possible...i pity my sister roselle for waiting so long..its really torture her...thanks and God Bless

I'm mike's wife, Roselle, the earliest they can ship his remains back is on tues. 9/15/09. He died of cardiac arrest based on the preliminary result of the autopsy. As soon as we know the exact date & time of his return we will make the final arrangement for the funeral. I will make sure to schedule it on a saturday so that everybody will have more chance to come. i will post it here and email all his contacts for the details.

Chris Brown of Maryland who were with him in Finland ( US teammate) might come to tell us the whole story of what happened.
    He is a perfect husband, very sensitive man... and my bestfrend. I miss him and love him so much. He died doing what he enjoys, he is spiritually prepared to go home to God... and he had inspired so many people. I am proud of him.

Thanks for all the good words & support. In this tough times, it gives me strength to get by each day