Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The 2009 Freestyle Russian World Team

Default The 2009 Freestyle Russian World Team

The named 2009 Freestyle Russian World Team.

Composition of team Russia in freestyle wrestling at the World Championships in Herning (Denmark), 21-27 September

Weight category up to 55 kg. Viktor Lebedev (Krasnoyarsk Territory - the Republic of Sakha - Yakutia).
    Up to 60 kg. Besik Kudukhov (Krasnodar region - The Republic of North Ossetia - Alania).
    Up to 66 kg. Rasool Dzhukaev (Chechen Republic).
    Up to 74 kg. Tsargush Denis (Moscow region)..
    Up to 84 kg. Abdusalam Gadisov (Republic of Dagestan).
    Up to 96 kg. Khadzhimurad Gatsalov (Moscow region. - The Republic of North Ossetia - Alania).
    Up to 120 kg. Bilal Makhov (Dagestan Republic - Republic of Kabardino-Balkaria).

All picks are confirmed and defined by head Russian freestyle coach Dzambolat Tedeyev and other coaches of Russia freestyle team. Overall, I think the picks are great. Please feel free to discuss.
    TRAIN LIKE A MADMAN!

Default Re: The 2009 Freestyle Russian World Team

Be interested to see how the new faces to the top level do in their first World Championships.

Also excited to see Kudukhov up a weight, he looked absolutely nasty in the Flo videos from Russian Nationals.

I'm very excited to see how Gadisov will do. Also, I'm excited for Gatsalov. It's time for him to prove his worth after missing out on Beijing.
    TRAIN LIKE A MADMAN!

So, what's the scoop on Otarsultanov? What happened to him this year?

Were there any duals in the room?

I believe Tsargush is from Abkhazia.

I couldn't find any other info about the other wrestlers that didn't make the team. Although Dzambolat Tedeyev sounded very confident about their team this year with all the new and young guys participating this year. The only guy returning this year who wrestled and medaled at Beijing is Kudukhov.
    TRAIN LIKE A MADMAN!

Never count any Russian champ out but this team could well be upset for the team title. Luckily for them most of the weights are wide open... my predictions

55: Won by Velikov (Russian doesn't medal)
    60:Won by Kudukov
    66: Won by Stadnik or Shahin (haven't made up my mind yet, Russian doesn't medal)
    74: Won by Chama (Tsargush 3rd)
    84: No idea who is competing, but I'll pick Mindo to win and Gadisov to come in 2nd and be the next big thing for Russia
    96: Gatsalov wins again
    120: Dlagnev wins, Makhov 2nd

What's up with Muradov? He was one of the world's best pound-for-pound last year IMO. Hopefully he isn't retiring for good.

Spin, I like your pick at 120kg. Ballsy. I don't see it but ballsy anyways. You never know though. Akzent doesn't know if Muradov is retired or not but not wrestling this year.