Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The 2009 Freestyle Russian World Team

Default Re: The 2009 Freestyle Russian World Team

Taimazov is not officially retired but is not competing at Worlds. I think he wants to compete in London 2012 though. He wouldn't be a spring chicken by then but still an acceptable age of course.

Craig pointed out Tsargush's dirty tactics on flo. I tend to agree. Refs need to keep him in check more.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbard View Post
    Craig pointed out Tsargush's dirty tactics on flo. I tend to agree. Refs need to keep him in check more.
    PLease specify, what dirty tactics?

Hair pulling (Askren's hair).....singlet grabbing......

What happened to Alan Dudaev. He has to be better than the chump representing Russia at 66kg. I vaguely remember Dudaev getting tamped at the big rusky tournament and I don't remember him at Russian nationals. Maybe he is too small for 66.

Quote Originally Posted by blewett View Post
    What happened to Alan Dudaev. He has to be better than the chump representing Russia at 66kg. I vaguely remember Dudaev getting tamped at the big rusky tournament and I don't remember him at Russian nationals. Maybe he is too small for 66.

I don't think Dzukhaev is a chump. I remember him beating Zadick, Paulson and Batirov among others. He won Yarygin last year as well as Russian Nationals this year.

I'd like to see Dlagnev and Mahkov meet in the finals. I'd have to give it to Mahkov though. Like pinartist said, I don't think anyone has enough to beat him. His defense is great, although he needs to work on his offense. His matches are boring and close ones. He is improving alot though.
    TRAIN LIKE A MADMAN!

Djukaev also has a win over Dudaev at a recent Yarygin.

I stand corrected and look forward to watching Djukaev at the world's. Thanks for the info.