Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The 2009 Freestyle Russian World Team

Default Re: The 2009 Freestyle Russian World Team

Thanks Hubbard; predictions would be no fun if we picked all favorites, now would it?

It seems to me that almost every year the americans have the odd guy that ends up winning or medalling unexpectedly. So if it does happen this year than dlagnev is certainly the guy to make it happen. He did win the grand prix this year afterall.

I hope mindorashvilli will come back at 84 kg. I really took a liking to his style of wrestling after watching him at the olympics.

Does anyone know if Yoel Romero is eligible to represent Germany and whether he will be in Denmark?

Oh Dlagnev could certainly win. Heavyweight hasn't been this weak in a long long time. Makhov is the only really good heavy there in my opinion. Masoumi is OK. Gone is Taimazov, Rodriguez and Mussulbes.
    Last edited by Hubbard; 09-04-2009 at 10:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbard View Post
    Oh Dlagnev could certainly win. Heavyweight hasn't been this week in a long long time. Makhov is the only really good heavy there in my opinion. Masoumi is OK. Gone is Taimazov, Rodriguez and Mussulbes.
    Yeah, i agree with you.

Debate me then. This is what this forum is about. Leave the sarcastic smilies for teen boards.

I haven't watched much video of Makhov but he never struck me as that imposing (compared to other world champs). I rewatched his world finals match and all I could think was "what the hell is wrong with A-Rod".

He has little offense but he doesn't really need it. He's hard to score on. He's a mountain. He is beatable of course. Pretty sure Akhmedov beat him some time last year or maybe it was Kuramagomedov. That said, he's put on some muscle in the lower body and looks more solid now. He had no problem with Akhmedov at Russian Nationals and is the man to beat in Denmark. Dlagnev could beat him though. I've got Makhov taking it if they meet. I hope to see Masoumi and Dlagnev meet up again. I believe Masoumi beat him the last time out but this is where it counts the most.

Im saying mahov will take it. Mainly because i dont think anyone has what it takes to beat him, and hes able to win the close matches. He also looked prety good at russian nationals.

Did Taimazov retire? Does anyone know if he's wrestling in Denmark? Dlagnev is going to have alot of trouble winning. He has a good chance (probably the US's only hope) of medaling. I assume Mussulbes retired. The guy is 37. Anyone know on that?