Discuss Was Bobby Douglas better than Gable? at the Freestyle & Greco-Roman Wrestling within the Wrestling Talk Forums; In a video I saw Bobby Douglas said he beat Dan Gable 7 or 8 ...
    Redshirt

Default Was Bobby Douglas better than Gable?

In a video I saw Bobby Douglas said he beat Dan Gable 7 or 8 times. I believe they only wrestled once in competition when Douglas beat Gable 11 to 1, so the other matches must have been informal during practices or whatever. I think Douglas was more experienced when he wrestled Gable. So was Douglas a better wrestler only at the time he beat Gable or at the same point in their careers, and did Douglas really beat Gable that many times?

Olympic Champ

Default Re: Was Bobby Douglas better than Gable?

According to Douglas as quoted in "Silent Gladiators" he beat Gable repeatedly in the Olympic trials (68?) because the coaches wanted Gable on the team. He also said he used to beat Gable in practice.

Don't know if Douglas ever medalled at the worlds though, or if he was still competing when Gable was WC.

Not too sure, but I will ask-"Who has an Olympic Gold medal and a World Championship Gold Medal? Who was a 3 time National Champ and 1 tiem runner-up?"

Stats may say Gable, but you never know????

Redshirt

Quote Originally Posted by Greco-ZAG View Post
    Not too sure, but I will ask-"Who has an Olympic Gold medal and a World Championship Gold Medal? Who was a 3 time National Champ and 1 tiem runner-up?"
    If you're referring to Dan Gable...He was only a 2 time NCAA champ, 1 time runner up.

Redshirt

While Dan may have been the better competitor, Bobby was the far superior Freestyle coach.

Redshirt

Thanks for sharing with us its quite interesting,,,

user tags

bobby douglas dan gable

bobby douglas vs dan gable

dan gable vs bobby douglas

better than gable

dan gable bobby douglass olympic trials

dan gable bobby douglas

Bobby douglas beat dan gable

bobby douglas vs. dan gable

Did bobby douglas beat dan gable

bobby douglas and dan gable

who is better than gable

bobby douglas versus dan gable

bobby douglas defeated dan gablebobby douglas beat gablebobby douglas beats dan gable777qqqbetter than gable olympic gamesBobby Douglas vs gabledouglas vs gablebobby douglas vs dan gable grecoHE BEAT DAN GABLEBobby Douglas beat Dan Gable Bobby Dougless 12-2Bobby Douglas better than Dan Gablebobby douglas wrestling vs gable 1970bobby douglas vs dan cablebobby douglass beat dan gablebobby douglass v dan gabledan gable bobby douglas 11-1bobby douglas wrestling dan gablebobby douglas youtubebobby douglas workoutdan gable and bobby douglaswas Bobby Douglas better than Dan Gable was dan gable a 3time national champwhen did bobby douglas beat dan gable