Page 75 of 81 FirstFirst ... 256572737475767778 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Matches

Default Re: Good Matches

Gia Sissaouri’s Road To Gold in 2001
    For anyone not yet aquainted with 49north, now's the chance (they are basically a Canadian flowrestling, but without the controversial parts). All of Gia Sissouri's matches in 2001 are up.

The quarterfinal vs Fedorishin is absolutely, incredible, a wide-open throwing constest with a savage lateral drop to decide it.
    Another great throw by Gia in the finals- after a truly atrocious 2-2 call at the beginning.

Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    Gia Sissaouri’s Road To Gold in 2001
    For anyone not yet aquainted with 49north, now's the chance (they are basically a Canadian flowrestling, but without the controversial parts). All of Gia Sissouri's matches in 2001 are up.

The quarterfinal vs Fedorishin is absolutely, incredible, a wide-open throwing constest with a savage lateral drop to decide it.
    Another great throw by Gia in the finals- after a truly atrocious 2-2 call at the beginning.
    the matches were great. love the rules from that time. lots of par terre.

FS 55 KG - C2 - Steven Takahashi (CAN) vs. Brad Pataky (NLWC) - YouTube Pataky vs Takahashi... ouch.
    FS 55 KG - SF - Angel Escobedo (NYAC) vs. Azamat Tuskaev (RUS) - YouTube Tuskaev/Escobedo

2001 Senior World Championships: 76 kg Joe Williams (USA) vs. Bouvaisar Saitiev (RUS) - YouTube Saitiev/Williams from 49north wrestling. This was recently posted on flo, but if anyone hasnt' seen it yet, here it is. I'd love to see a high level referee comment on the no-call that happened at the end.

2001 Senior World Championships: 76 kg Bouvaisar Saitiev (RUS) vs. Revaz Mindorashvili (GEO) - YouTube Saitiev/Mindo from the same year. Saitiev really pulled that world championship by the skin of his teeth.
    Last edited by arm-spin; 11-18-2012 at 07:04 PM.

Marsagishvili's throw & pin in the 84-kg final match at the Georgian nationals yesterday:
    marsaga egadze - YouTube

Olympic silver medalist at 55 Khinchegashvili (red) in the 60-kg final match:
    Lado Khinchegashvili-Beka Lomtadze Final - 60 kg Georgian Champpionship 2012 Tbilisi - YouTube
    Last edited by akzent; 11-29-2012 at 03:30 AM.

Geno Petriashvili-Giorgi Sakandelidze Final - 120 kg Georgian Championship 2012 Tbilisi - YouTube From the same tournmament, wild heavyweight final (starting in the 2nd). The winner Geno is apparently just 18, he beat the Olympic silver medalist on clinches in the semis.

I wonder if Khinegashvilli is staying at 60? I thought he was an early favorite for this year's worlds at 55, and he got everything he could handle in his own country at 60. My favorite part of that match is when his opponent throws him, and oneone starts doing backflips in the background!

2012 Ontario Senior Championships: 60 kg Jake Needham vs. Adrian Wooley - YouTube MMA fighter Adriian Wooley back on the mats.

2011 Senior European Championship-74 kg-Bácsi Péter(HUN)-Roman Vlasov(RUS) - YouTube Basci/Vlasoev.
    Last edited by arm-spin; 12-04-2012 at 12:34 AM.

96 kg final Gadisov v Shamil Akhmedov, yesterday at Aliev tournament.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	e92745f786a082ff9cccb99a75e641d1.jpg 
Views:	137 
Size:	163.2 KB 
ID:	3092

финал 96 кг - YouTube

Match that I wanted to see back in 2010 finally happened, Albiev vs Hasan Aliyev

Quote Originally Posted by Koopa_ View Post
    Match that I wanted to see back in 2010 finally happened, Albiev vs Hasan Aliyev
    good match with some irony. red scores because he fouls blue at 1:04 by blocking the post leg. blues fails to score with almost the same hold because he doesn't foul red's post leg at 5:12.

Times change quickly in greco; a couple of years ago that would have been the ultimate match. I do hope Albiev manages to somehow grow into 66, he's so darn good but just too small.

Craigslistification's channel - YouTube several US Olympic trials matxhes here, but in several parts so I won't bother posting them individually. I enjoyed Stieber/Zadick.

2006 Canada Cup: 66 kg Heinrich Barnes (RSA) vs. Evan MacDonald (CAN) - YouTube Barnes vs Macdonald, two of the most aggressive guys out there beat each other up.

2001 Senior World Championships: 69 kg Irbek Farniev (RUS) vs. Daniel Igali (CAN) - YouTube Igali/Farniev. Who know these guys ever wrestled each other?

Moscou Final 1-2_84 kg Gadisov A. (RUS) - Lashgari E. (IRI).mpg - YouTube Gadisov/Lashgari. Massive air time!

Varner (USA) v Gogshelidze (GEO); 2012 Olympics 96kg Semifinal - YouTube Varner/Gogchelidze Olympic semis.

Sean Bormet vs Adam Saitiev - YouTube Adam Saitiev/Bormet. Adam really improved a lot in one year!
    Last edited by arm-spin; 12-19-2012 at 01:42 PM.

Page 75 of 81 FirstFirst ... 256572737475767778 ... LastLast