Page 64 of 81 FirstFirst ... 14546162636465666774 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Matches

Default Re: Good Matches

Filiberto Azcuy's bronze medal match from the 2002 world championships.

Google Translate
    Thanks to Easselin (Hubbard on this site) from the OAWA website, Cejudo vs Tulbea. Incredible!

Digitalscouting
    Ontario finals. I haven't watched them all yet, but 74 resembles the Batirov/Batirov Russian finals, and the 84 kg finals feature an enormous throw to pin.

Freestyle Wrestling Match:

Jouko Salom?ki (Greco-Roman 74kg Olympic Champion) - Hans Fell (Bodybuilding Heavyweight Finland Champion)
    *Referee: Keijo Manni (33 time Finland National Wrestling Champion)

Last edited by pjotr; 11-30-2011 at 01:29 PM.

Olympic test event: R├ęsultats click on the style and weight class to get brackets, click on the small "tv" icon beside the match to watch the video.

So far I reccomend:
    66 kg semis, Metcalf vs Hasaynov. Metcalf looks incredible.
    74 kg finals, Howe vs Geduev. Howe looks like a deer caught in headlights. Get off the tie and shoot legs!
    60 kg semi (greco), Sourian vs Russia. The theme of the greco competition seems to be "wrestle up and lose."

wow geduev tooled howe, love it when the rough n tuff get smoked like that, kinda like with reader an ibraghimov in france

Just watched Metcalf in the finals against a Japanese wrestler. Not sure how good the competition was (b/c I don't know international wrestling very well) but he looked great!

you think teyon ware will beat metcalf again this OT?

The Japanese guy is a world jr. silver medallist, I believe. The real kicker is that Metcalf beat Hasaynov in the semis- that guy has won world bronze the last 2 years, and arguably been the favorite going in. I think that Metcalf will beat Teyon. It all comes down to one position IMO- Metcalf gets himself extended on his shots, where Teyon is great at countering with headlock and chest throws. I think that Metcalf will wrestle smart and come out on top.

55 kg finals is great too, two throws by Iran.

Also, I'm not sure in the exact "leg use" rules for Greco, but the Russian was really kicking Sourian over on his throws.

Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    The Japanese guy is a world jr. silver medallist, I believe. The real kicker is that Metcalf beat Hasaynov in the semis- that guy has won world bronze the last 2 years, and arguably been the favorite going in. I think that Metcalf will beat Teyon. It all comes down to one position IMO- Metcalf gets himself extended on his shots, where Teyon is great at countering with headlock and chest throws. I think that Metcalf will wrestle smart and come out on top.

55 kg finals is great too, two throws by Iran.

Also, I'm not sure in the exact "leg use" rules for Greco, but the Russian was really kicking Sourian over on his throws.
    no way either of those elevators should count. shame on the refs and the iranian coaches for not protesting. throw the cube.

Page 64 of 81 FirstFirst ... 14546162636465666774 ... LastLast