Page 23 of 81 FirstFirst ... 13202122232425263373 ... LastLast

Thread: Good Matches

Default Re: Good Matches

Awesome, Koopa!! I tried to post that match earlier (the flowrestling version) but I couldn't get it to load. My favorite greco match of all time!!!

[ame="http://www.flowrestling.org/videos/speaker/166-matt-gentry/22366-matt-gentry-vs-ben-askren"]Matt Gentry vs Ben Askren | November 18, 2007 on Flowrestling[/ame] maybe this flo match will work, Ben Askren vs Matt Gentry. They had a rematch at the Hargobind tournament this weekend, Askren beat him. If the link doesn't work type in "Askren Gentry" in the search engine on flowrestling.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HYcw_pbWpw
    Garcia vs Barnes, not full match.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpuIWHak8h4
    Kirk White, big slam. This guy's got a bunch of matches up on youtube now for those interested.
    Last edited by arm-spin; 11-09-2009 at 03:05 AM.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EVApo_LRC8g
    74 kg final, Ukranian greco championships

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tSurjmI9tNU
    great match between Garzon and Abdurachamno

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLKXXAek9qw
    Aldatov vs Murtazaliev, CSKA cup

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyJCG4_OEC8
    Hope this one hasn't been posted. Nazarian reverse-lifting. Check out artydesigns on youtube if you want to see some older matches.

http://www.youtube.com/user/artydesi.../8/Y3w1mY9Xee8
    Zander vs Tzituashvilli

http://www.youtube.com/user/artydesi.../7/Z1aFX2Jegfs
    Wild, old-school freestyle match
    Last edited by arm-spin; 11-13-2009 at 01:55 PM.

So anyway... I'm having trouble finding more matches to post, so I think I'm done for a while (for real this time?) Might get the urge to look for more wrestling at some point in the future... but for now, here's my top 10 list. These are my top 10 matches from the new rules era, posted in reverse order (and yes, they've already been posted on this thread, so look for them if you want to see them again)..

FREESTYLE

#10: Tushisvilli vs Garzon, 2007 world semifinals. Two of the best who haven't won a world final. Garzon goes down early, but ends up totally breaking down Tushisvilli and scoring at will by the third. Ton of points scored by both athletes.

#9: Gatsalov vs Gogchelidze, 2005 world finals. The first round has a clinch in it, but the other two are great. Two of the very best going head to head (I bet Gog would have a ton of titles if Gatsalov wasn't around), and at the end of it, Gog passes out!

#8: Adam Saitiev vs Ketoev at the Yargin, 2006 Yargin. Big moves from both guys, and Saitiev shows his uncanny ability to beat bigger opponents.

#7: Shahin vs Farniev, 2007 worlds. The whole match is one big scramble. Two very funky wrestlers tied up in knots for 4 minutes.

#6: Saitev vs Tigiev 2008 Olympic finals. the legend wins his 3rd Olympic gold! It's also a very competitive match. Features some great leg defense from the super-flexible Tigiev, and a really cool back exposure turn from Saitiev. He really had to work

#5: Terziev vs Fundora, 2008 Olympic bronze medal match. Wild, wide-open bout where Fundora gets in on the legs at will and Terziev tries to counter, each round is 6-6 or something like that. Finally Terziev hits a grab-the-head firemans throw for the fall!

#4: Shahin vs Garzon, 2007 worlds. Third match from this bracket! Shahin is getting dominated for much of the match, but he shows the importance of scoring at the right time under these rules. Hits a big arm throw to win against an arguably more talented, but less tactical opponent. No fluke either, he's beat Garzon twice since.

#3: Mindorashvilli vs Ketoev. The only big upset on this list, and it features on of the all-time highlight real moves. Mindo takes advantage of Ketoev's exhaustion by not only beating but embarassing an opponent who had manhandled him several times in the past.

#2: Saitiev vs Murtazaliev
    The legend against the defending world champ. Saitiev finally beats his nemesis through good old-fashioned hard work and conditioning. Good scrambling in this bout as well, as Saitiev scores a crucial reversal. But of controversy in the scoring, but in the end Saitiev's going to the Olympics.

#1: Shahin vs Stadnik, 2008 Olympic finals. I downloaded this one a while back and for some reason my computer made it the screen saver, so I've seen it a thousand times... still good though. Every round goes down to the wire, and Shahin again shows his ability to win the close ones.

GRECO

#10: Warren vs Benidadze, 2006 world finals. No spectacular moves but very dramatic bout, with the last second takedown to win.

#9: Lester vs Mansurov, 2007 world semis. Wild, back-and-forth greco match, unbelievable scrambles. Would be higher on this list, but the "homer" officiating put a bad taste in my mouth.

#8: Armorayan vs Choi, 2009 worlds. More like a throwing contest than an actual wrestling match, ends with a massive wince-inducing slam.

#7:Khustov vs Nodzadze, 2008 Euro. What a momumantal beating from every possible position.

#6: Warren vs Albiev, World cup (2007?) The future superstar against the ultimate grinder in a real physcal match.

#5: B. Mankiev vs Kostandinov, 2009 worlds. About 10 throws in that match, most from Mankiev. Standing, ground, doesn't matter.

#4: Kvirkvelia vs Basci, 2008 Olympics. Really all Kvirkvelia's Olympic matches, but I like this one because he actually loses a round. Then he gets an "enough of this crap" looks at his eyes and prompty pins his opponent.

#3: Kvirkvelia vs Samargashuev, 2008 Olympic trials. Doesn't even bother to defend the gut wrench, just gives up a bunch of points and comes back with his patented reverse lifts to win.

#2: Khustov vs English, 2009 Olympic finals. One of the all-time great moves when Khustov pulls a switch-to-suplex from the bottom position, and his other throw to win the 2nd round was sweet too.

#1: Li Yangyan vs Belagiev, 2006 world finals. Lots of big moves in this one. Belagliev escapes with second left, and Yangyan takes him down, lifts and throws him for a very exciting win, and one of the least likely world titles ever.
    Last edited by arm-spin; 11-13-2009 at 06:28 PM.

great matches guys ! Thanks ! Tomarrow I post Saitiev fight from 1997

Quote Originally Posted by arm-spin View Post
    FREESTYLE

#10: Tushisvilli vs Garzon, 2007 world semifinals. Two of the best who haven't won a world final. Garzon goes down early, but ends up totally breaking down Tushisvilli and scoring at will by the third. Ton of points scored by both athletes.

#9: Gatsalov vs Gogchelidze, 2005 world finals. The first round has a clinch in it, but the other two are great. Two of the very best going head to head (I bet Gog would have a ton of titles if Gatsalov wasn't around), and at the end of it, Gog passes out!

#8: Adam Saitiev vs Ketoev at the Yargin, 2006 Yargin. Big moves from both guys, and Saitiev shows his uncanny ability to beat bigger opponents.

#7: Shahin vs Farniev, 2007 worlds. The whole match is one big scramble. Two very funky wrestlers tied up in knots for 4 minutes.

#6: Saitev vs Tigiev 2008 Olympic finals. the legend wins his 3rd Olympic gold! It's also a very competitive match. Features some great leg defense from the super-flexible Tigiev, and a really cool back exposure turn from Saitiev. He really had to work

#5: Terziev vs Fundora, 2008 Olympic bronze medal match. Wild, wide-open bout where Fundora gets in on the legs at will and Terziev tries to counter, each round is 6-6 or something like that. Finally Terziev hits a grab-the-head firemans throw for the fall!

#4: Shahin vs Garzon, 2007 worlds. Third match from this bracket! Shahin is getting dominated for much of the match, but he shows the importance of scoring at the right time under these rules. Hits a big arm throw to win against an arguably more talented, but less tactical opponent. No fluke either, he's beat Garzon twice since.

#3: Mindorashvilli vs Ketoev. The only big upset on this list, and it features on of the all-time highlight real moves. Mindo takes advantage of Ketoev's exhaustion by not only beating but embarassing an opponent who had manhandled him several times in the past.

#2: Saitiev vs Murtazaliev
    The legend against the defending world champ. Saitiev finally beats his nemesis through good old-fashioned hard work and conditioning. Good scrambling in this bout as well, as Saitiev scores a crucial reversal. But of controversy in the scoring, but in the end Saitiev's going to the Olympics.

#1: Shahin vs Stadnik, 2008 Olympic finals. I downloaded this one a while back and for some reason my computer made it the screen saver, so I've seen it a thousand times... still good though. Every round goes down to the wire, and Shahin again shows his ability to win the close ones.

GRECO

#10: Warren vs Benidadze, 2006 world finals. No spectacular moves but very dramatic bout, with the last second takedown to win.

#9: Lester vs Mansurov, 2007 world semis. Wild, back-and-forth greco match, unbelievable scrambles. Would be higher on this list, but the "homer" officiating put a bad taste in my mouth.

#8: Armorayan vs Choi, 2009 worlds. More like a throwing contest than an actual wrestling match, ends with a massive wince-inducing slam.

#7:Khustov vs Nodzadze, 2008 Euro. What a momumantal beating from every possible position.

#6: Warren vs Albiev, World cup (2007?) The future superstar against the ultimate grinder in a real physcal match.

#5: B. Mankiev vs Kostandinov, 2009 worlds. About 10 throws in that match, most from Mankiev. Standing, ground, doesn't matter.

#4: Kvirkvelia vs Basci, 2008 Olympics. Really all Kvirkvelia's Olympic matches, but I like this one because he actually loses a round. Then he gets an "enough of this crap" looks at his eyes and prompty pins his opponent.

#3: Kvirkvelia vs Samargashuev, 2008 Olympic trials. Doesn't even bother to defend the gut wrench, just gives up a bunch of points and comes back with his patented reverse lifts to win.

#2: Khustov vs English, 2009 Olympic finals. One of the all-time great moves when Khustov pulls a switch-to-suplex from the bottom position, and his other throw to win the 2nd round was sweet too.

#1: Li Yangyan vs Belagiev, 2006 world finals. Lots of big moves in this one. Belagliev escapes with second left, and Yangyan takes him down, lifts and throws him for a very exciting win, and one of the least likely world titles ever.
    I hope that FILA Web-TV begins to work again soon so I can check out some of those matches. Especially Yanyan vs Belagiev sounds very interesting.
    Thank you for that list and for every great match that you have linked here arm-spin!

Where's your saitiev fight depe? Do you have his olympic match vs Gaidrov (the one that ended in the fight)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QRiEpQ7XmG0

A really bulked-up Cleo Ncube beats Mike Poeta at the NYAC!! Go Cleo!

Brackets are on trackwrestling, Cleo is in the finals vs Paulson or the Russian. Hope more Cleo matches get put on youtube, this guy is always fun to watch, fast and athletic and scores a ton of points.
    Last edited by arm-spin; 11-22-2009 at 04:10 PM.

Page 23 of 81 FirstFirst ... 13202122232425263373 ... LastLast