Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 84 kg wtf

Olympic Champ

Default Re: 84 kg wtf

They corrected the article and now it states the final decision on the outcome of the match will be made tomorrow after further review.

Olympic Champ

Oh yeah, I think by the two parties they meant the coaches of the wrestlers

Russians...
    RIP Jacob Schlottke - 1984-2011

"If Cornell finishes ahead of Iowa with five all americans I'll jump into the Des Moines River after finals." -Herkey#1 8/16/12

there's no way this match will decide who will go to the worlds.

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    Oh yeah, I think by the two parties they meant the coaches of the wrestlers
    I am not that sure. Yes, they are 2 parties with 2 different views. But they can only protest a decision, not making a new one or upholding the old one. According to (international !) rules, they are even not allowed to watch the review together with the referees.

Let me quote myself

Quote Originally Posted by akzent View Post
    I wouldn't wonder, if tomorrow there will be 2 champs at 84.
    IT HAPPENED

So Ketoev and Sajidov are co-champions?

Yes, they are. View the photo - the 2nd place is empty!

Notice that Ketoev and Sajidov have on their shoulders the flags of North Ossetia and Daghestan respectively. Also the 3rd placed Soslan Ktsoev holds an Ossetian flag. Only the ?real Russian? (in Big's terms) Evgeni Kolomiets, the other guy who placed third, doesn't have any. The ?real Russians? don't have a flag

Before the nationals, head coach Tedeev said that wrestlers who were close, would be send to wrestle on ?neutral? mat at any of the international tournaments in August (in Bulgaria or in Poland) and their performance would be decisive for determination of the world team members. This has been the usual practice since the early 1980s (if not earlier). Today Tedeev said, he wouldn't send Ketoev and Sajidov to any tournament because for such a tournament each of them must cut 7-8 kg and this would be an additional, objectionable strain which could have undesirable effects on the performance at the worlds just a month later. He said, Ketoev and Sajidov would wrestle each other at a training camp where they don't need to cut weight.

Hey, Did Adam Saitiev inj. dft after his loss to Sajidov?
    Last edited by Yazdani; 07-08-2007 at 09:41 AM.